1 Year In Badge?

YukonJack

43 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

My wife gave me a badge recently. “Biggest whiner of the year about Old Mopar parts prices.”

Have you noticed that if Rock Auto has the part for a certain price, then Ebay and the specialty stores are close to that price. If Rock Auto doesn't have it, then the prices are 3-5 times what you would normally expect.

never noticed that....the problem I have with rockauto is the slamming of shipping fees....I have filled my cart an item at a time...item one ships from point A   then item two will ship from point B and item three will ship from point C and so on....so you go back, change the brand of the part where it says item two will now ship from point A, lo and behold, item one now ships from point B.....it is a racket I tell you.....I use rock auto mainly as a clearing house for part numbers due to this shipping scam they have going on.   Where I did complete A and B on one order, it shipped in same box....is point A front of the store and point B the middle and so on and so forth?

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I live under a constant blue cloud but it is due to not finding what I need...I can have it in my hand and two minutes later start a 1 hour search for the item...NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can misplace an item as quick as myself.

I feel your pain......been told it doesn't get any better.......   ?

3 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

never noticed that....the problem I have with rockauto is the slamming of shipping fees....I have filled my cart an item at a time...item one ships from point A   then item two will ship from point B and item three will ship from point C and so on....so you go back, change the brand of the part where it says item two will now ship from point A, lo and behold, item one now ships from point B.....it is a racket I tell you.....I use rock auto mainly as a clearing house for part numbers due to this shipping scam they have going on.   Where I did complete A and B on one order, it shipped in same box....is point A front of the store and point B the middle and so on and so forth?

I've had that happen a few times.  Is irritating. Sometimes I just wait and order the problem item later. But know what you mean.  I use the part # from RA like you said, and go to Amazon if I'm in a hurry.  

Rock auto will show you what part listed will ship from the same warehouse as another part in your cart.

If you are looking at a part listing and one of the part number shows a little pinkish truck next to it then it will ship from the same ware house as another part in your cart.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Rock auto will show you what part listed will ship from the same warehouse as another part in your cart.

If you are looking at a part listing and one of the part number shows a little pinkish truck next to it then it will ship from the same ware house as another part in your cart.

We know that..but what happens is it will switch sources, and can do that within a few minutes.  

Rock Auto's shipping is Slow to manage, frustrating and confusing at best. I often take several hours to place an order.

I still often find the best prices there.

However, especially for large heavy stuff, like brake rotors or struts, I also check the online parts house. Advance Auto almost always has a 20-25% off code, ships for free if over $50-75 and you can often pick stuff up, same day, in a local store. I have found similar deals at Napa, O'Reilly's and Vato Zone.

• Like 1

Gotta love how posts get hijacked. But I've noticed it happens all the time! How did we get on Rock Auto? I really miss the Old Forum, but since I'm have regained Newbie status I guess the Old Forum is just a memory. Back to my corner to sit in silence! 

On 12/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

you can eliminate this push of fluff by visiting your profile, account setting, notification settings...acheivements.....uncheck the box and get this pop up gone...

I got as far as notification settings, but I don't see achievements on that page? 

On 12/21/2021 at 1:55 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I live under a constant blue cloud but it is due to not finding what I need...I can have it in my hand and two minutes later start a 1 hour search for the item...NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can misplace an item as quick as myself.

Dont hand me your baby. I drop everything

Has anyone notified our esteemed Moderator in  Chief about this new stuff?            I   suspect he can fix it.