1 Year In Badge?

YukonJack

Ok, I'm confused. Logged on today and learned I got my 1 Year In Badge. What is that? Who came up with this nonsense? According to my profile I've been in this group since 2006. Actually I was in the original group since about 2000 before it changed to this format. Plus I noticed I'm a Newbie, really. How did that happen? 10 years ago I wasn't a newbie. I don't see many people left on here from when I started in 2000. I check in from time to time but seldom post anything. So after 20 years in the group I get my 1 year status and I'm a Newbie. What an insult.

• Like 2

I agree, too much fluff....then again, I am not one that deals with change very well as it is....after this posting I got an alert my first post, then it goes to a page of fluff that I care not to see...this is an action that is in my book....a very WEIRD action...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

I got the same notification yesterday, and like Jack I have been a member since 2001 or before.  Mus have been the result of the site revision that just happened.  I also got a badge for number of posts or similar,  19000, posts in a year, wow.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, YukonJack said:

Ok, I'm confused. Logged on today and learned I got my 1 Year In Badge. What is that? Who came up with this nonsense? According to my profile I've been in this group since 2006. Actually I was in the original group since about 2000 before it changed to this format. Plus I noticed I'm a Newbie, really. How did that happen? 10 years ago I wasn't a newbie. I don't see many people left on here from when I started in 2000. I check in from time to time but seldom post anything. So after 20 years in the group I get my 1 year status and I'm a Newbie. What an insult.

Now I just got the Rare, Reacting Well Badge. I am not reacting well.

6 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I agree, too much fluff....then again, I am not one that deals with change very well as it is....

I don't either. You've got over 32000 posts and you're a Newbie too.

Let’s give the administrator of the site some time to sort things out before everyone starts moaning about something of not great concern. There are many things in life that are much more serious. Time to wear big boy pants. 

Edit - I’ve been a member since 2006 so also a long time member. I’ve dealt with many things worse than a glitch in a well run forum. 

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Let’s give the administer of the site some time to sort things out before everyone starts moaning about something of not great concern. There are many things in life that are much more serious. Time to wear big boy pants. 

If you happy with frivolous pages and alerts popping up that is no concern to anything...then by all means let your words speak only for yourself....do not include me into your like thinking....  However, like many here I am thinking things will return to some bit normality but ONLY AFTER the issues are pointed out.   

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

Don't feel lonesome. I have been here since 2006 also,post at least once a week,and am still listed as a "newbie".

I got my 1-year badge this morning too, LOL.  I'm not as active as many of you guys, but I have been a member since 2012.  Oh, well, it doesn't bother me.  If I start getting too many pop-ups (like the Reacts Well notification I received a few minutes ago), then that could start to get annoying, but otherwise, I don't really care, as I have very little interest in status.  My biggest concern, by far, is the sharing of information and helping each other.

Edited by Matt Wilson

I just got a notice that I  received a "Newbe" award.

I have got 1 of 14 ranks!?

I am very pleased...I'm making progress.

• Like 1

Looks like some real fuzzy math to me...2008 to 2021 somehow equals 1 year...?

Obviously, well to me anyhow, is that the IT folks just don't bother to look at the totality of the changes they make.

At least they didn't wipe our history....

My wife gave me a badge recently. “Biggest whiner of the year about Old Mopar parts prices.”

I was a runner-up also, for  “Gets in a rage the quickest, over freight costs to Canada”. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I live under a constant blue cloud but it is due to not finding what I need...I can have it in my hand and two minutes later start a 1 hour search for the item...NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can misplace an item as quick as myself.

You should see my older brother...he'll wander around saying "Magically appear, magically appear".     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1