Vent mechanism

Dunkin

Here's a link to Phil's Archives in the Dodge Power Wagon forum with info on new windshield regulators being produced by a mom & pop operation.  https://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/classifieds/thisolecoupe-110617-winshield-regulator.php

That forum has a wealth of info related to the 39-47 Dodge half-tons.  Also, the PIF in the header section of the forum page has parts interchange and techniques.  Worth checking.

Dick Hultman

Western PA

1946 WC and 1957 FFPW

7 hours ago, Young Ed said:

As far as I'm aware that's only available used from donor trucks. Is yours broken or completely missing??

I think part of it is there.  I can reach under the dash and push up on the rod/plate that goes to the vent to open it.  It looks like the rod/plate is broken in half.  The lever is definitely missing.

1 hour ago, 46BulldogDodge said:

Here's a link to Phil's Archives in the Dodge Power Wagon forum with info on new windshield regulators being produced by a mom & pop operation.  https://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/classifieds/thisolecoupe-110617-winshield-regulator.php

That forum has a wealth of info related to the 39-47 Dodge half-tons.  Also, the PIF in the header section of the forum page has parts interchange and techniques.  Worth checking.

Dick Hultman

Western PA

1946 WC and 1957 FFPW

Thanks for sharing.  This isn't what I am looking for at this time, although after replacing the glass on my front windshield, my mechanism is hanging up a bit.  That piece would be the shiniest piece on my rusty truck and you wouldn't even see it.?

39 minutes ago, Jerry Roberts said:

See ebay number 353515152630 

Thanks, but I have that already.  I need the handle mechanism that goes under the dash that opens the air conditioning.

Edited by Dunkin

On 12/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, Dunkin said:

I know this is a stretch, but would anyone have any idea where I might find the mechanism with handle that would open my top front vent on my 1947 Dodge truck?

Same as Power Wagon?

Capture.JPG.b9f85a7bc7a40a9fe402c297794c1034.JPG

Ebay

4 hours ago, billrigsby said:

Same as Power Wagon?

Ebay

Maybe!!  I don't know how the whole set up looks since mine was busted before I bought it, but that piece in the center of you picture looks like the piece hanging down from my vent.....at least half of it is. Might be worth a shot since I would bet dollars to donuts that no junk yard near by has an old 1941-1947 Dodge 2 ton waiting to be picked.

18 hours ago, Gaige said:

On a side note, I put it in three times. Probably only three ways to put it in and I bolted it together wrong twice. Of. Course, then I looked at the manual. 

If all else fails- read the instructions! ? ?

DJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 3:05 PM, billrigsby said:

Same as Power Wagon?

Ebay

In reviewing the mechanism in my 1947 2 ton Dodge truck, this looks like the same one that came off of a power wagon.  I looked up this listing and it's too bad that it is also broken.  May need to have someone weld it back together for me.

13 hours ago, 47Jim said:

Dang it!! 

that was my best shot, I guess eBay it is...

You could try calling Windy Hill in New London MN...there are several cabs with the linkage there I THINK.  For a fee they might be able to pull parts and ship to you.

(320) 354-2201

Or you could try Rohners in Willmar MN

(320) 235-4602

• Thanks 1

I know some folks are not out there but on the Facebook pages for these trucks there is a guy named Doug C. in Missouri(I think) that sells parts and has a slew of various older Dodge's and is always posting items for sale there, he may be able to help.  I cant recall the year spread of the forum so maybe its 48-52 era only, but could be worth a try as an option.

• Thanks 1

Where in California are you? I might have one and/or you could try Bryan's Wrecking in American Canyon...by Vallejo.

48D 

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

Where in California are you? I might have one and/or you could try Bryan's Wrecking in American Canyon...by Vallejo.

48D 

I'm in Hanford which is south of Fresno.  I'll have to reach out to Bryan's.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Lingle said:

I know some folks are not out there but on the Facebook pages for these trucks there is a guy named Doug C. in Missouri(I think) that sells parts and has a slew of various older Dodge's and is always posting items for sale there, he may be able to help.  I cant recall the year spread of the forum so maybe its 48-52 era only, but could be worth a try as an option.

Found him, thanks!

27 minutes ago, Dunkin said:

You love Hanford?  Been here 40 years and I'm not to fond of it, but ok.?

No, Bryan's Salvage....that guy has STUFF...and lots of it DODGE!

• Haha 1

Bryan's Salvage....no website....no real employees...rarely answers the phone....has you pull your part...never over priced or difficult to deal with.....very old school.

48D

• Sad 1