spring hanger bracket

kencombs
Go to solution Solved by Brent B3B,

I posted a wanted ad.   I'm in need of at least one (drivers side) front spring bracket, rear of spring where the shackle mounts.  Haven't pull mine out yet, but it looks to be very oval rather than round.   As far as I've been able to determine those are not available new or repro.  So I'm looking for used.

Just to be clear, this is the piece that is bolted and riveted to the frame and accepts the shackle and its bushing

Any leads for a source will be appreciated.

Edited by kencombs

Well I was missing something.  I had not seen that response and I swear it wasn't there yesterday when I looked even though it is dated the second.

But I can tell from the pic that there is one difference.  The part itself looks the same, but on the C series the two lower frame attachments are bolts as they also retain the crossmember.  

Shoot, we’ll I did end up pulling the bracket (cause it made me happy) and the part number is the same as the one in the “b series” parts book

7D52820E-73F9-467F-8C26-7A09B7BAEBB8.jpeg.a9ba12a20e2a27067a5959e1c240d1a2.jpeg

If you have a parts book, I’d be curious if it was the same number. 

But like Jerry said, call rare parts or even DCM or Vic’s, they might have a parts truck in the yard

No parts book yet.  Should have bought one long ago.  I have factory service info but not parts.

I'll try cleaning the one on the truck and see if I can see the PN on it.   It's really caked with old grease dirt mix though.  Probably have to push it out and get under there with the little sandblaster to get it clean enough to read.    Is the one in your pic a LH or RH?

This out of a 1955-56 C series DT parts book...

Shows front spring brackets...20211215_083254_compress72.jpg.c9b1119836f0c6d46cc1d02a2dfb419c.jpg

Rob with the save! 

Can’t quite make out the last three digits Rob. When are you going to get a camera lens that will bend with the pages ?

ken mine shown is from the drivers side but, according to the book is different number. 

I am on a mission now….  

• Haha 1

Ok...here goes it goes to my pic limit ...

Evidently you need corner glasses!

Picture will disappear in 48 hours?

20211215_083323.jpg

• Haha 2

Lol, Photo captured Rob! 
here you go Ken ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293375720395?hash=item444e8e3bcb:g:JQIAAOSwR0dcL-g-

Contact the seller? 

1 hour ago, Brent B3B said:

Rob with the save! 

Can’t quite make out the last three digits Rob. When are you going to get a camera lens that will bend with the pages ?

ken mine shown is from the drivers side but, according to the book is different number. 

I am on a mission now….  

Maybe you need glasses?  Or not just a celly?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kencombs said:

So the number in the book 1393 208 and 209 are not the same as the 53 back shown earlier (Thanks DodgeB4YA and Brent B3B).

I almost clicked on the eBay to buy before I read it closely.  Front bracket.  I contacted the seller to see if he has rear ones.

ask the seller for a photo of the front Ken.

If the parts book lay out is the same as the B series book, I took it to read the 208/209 are for a larger trucks and the left and right are the same part numbers for the front rear hangers 

25 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

Maybe you need glasses?  

LOL, Isn’t that the same comment the landed you in trouble with Ed’s dad at BTT50’s? 
Noogie for you in April! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

ask the seller for a photo of the front Ken.

If the parts book lay out is the same as the B series book, I took it to read the 208/209 are for a larger trucks and the left and right are the same part numbers for the front rear hangers 

Request sent.   That part book page is confusing to me.  The brackets are in 13.53.17.  there are five  bracket listings: Bracket  rear, rear,  rt, rt and left all but left have a chassis size designation.  There is also a bushing and with bushing listing, but I can't tell which bracket comes in the with bushing selection.

Does anybody understand which PN is for a left side, rear bracket?   Are the all the same?   This page looks like that is so.

Another couple more C series front spring hangar pics...

I have never completely understood the model designations of C series trucks...3U, 3A 

The C1 thru C3 book is at times lacking... 20211216_081401_compress13.jpg.945a4864101dce2f81d3e5491618e5b0.jpgtrucks...

20211216_081459_compress52.jpg

• Solution

Boy that is weird the book calls out a 13-53-4 for the heavy frame but doesn’t reference it for a part number. Doesn’t even show that part for the light frame. 
ken did you find a number on the old part yet? 

Still haven't been able to get the truck out to clean the bracket and look for the PN.  But, Vic, of Vic's Dodge Garage got back to me with a definitive answer, 54-57 are different than the 53 and back. 

So really narrows the pool of used spares.  Or NOS.

Lol, did you tell Vic “yeah, we knew that”? ?

Ken try wildcat auto wrecking?

https://www.wildcatmopars.com

sorry to hear about your Pomeranian