Speedway Motors HD T/S 4 way switch

DJK

Does anyone have any experience with this switch, #9106-2860? I have turn signals, but would like to have 4 ways also. There is a single green indicator on the cluster that I would like to utilize with the aid of diodes due to the fact that this switch is not self cancelling as my current one.

I bought a Signal-Stat 900 from Syndersantiqueauto which was intended by them to go on a Model A Ford.

I put it on a 64 IH Travelall which came with a Mopar turn signal switch which was unavailable at any price.

I was pleasantly surprised at how robust it was and resolved that I would never put up with anything less.

My 49 Bus Coupe has something that sort of works most of the time, so I will be replacing it with a Signal-Stat as soon as I can get around to it.

I would not buy a clone. It has to be the real thing!

Amazon has the real thing for $69 (seems high for just the switch) and the clone for $24. Snyders has a kit with all you need for $80

NAPA and your favorite truck supply have them too.

I will be getting mine from Snyders.

The Signal-Stat 900 comes in chrome or black. The four way flasher works by a chrome (not a red plastic button) pull under the lever. These things are really built!

The kit from Snyders had a foreign made flasher that refused to work so I tossed it for the original IH unit and that was my only complaint. The Snyders kit comes with their instructions and should you lose them you can down load them from their site.

Don't be a cheap skate get the good one, you'll thank me later. lol

• Like 1

I too use the Signal Stat and it is a good switch. Here is how I tied the switch's wires into the car's harness. This also makes it easy to tap a 6v source or connect a remote signal indicator. I removed one of the radio knob blanks and put a green LED in its place for an easy-to-see indicator.

turn-signals-2.jpg.e0d0e67a86902b1d0a1553d471578c02.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 2

So this thread got me thinking about turn signal switches.

I started looking at what the suppliers are selling.

Speedway Motors, Mac’s Auto Parts, Summit Racing are not selling genuine Signal-Stat turn signal switches.

They are selling clones.

I couldn’t get the napaonline site to show a photo but the description says Signal Stat.

Amazon sells all of them, good and bad.

Ebay has both the good and the bad too.

Snyders Antique Auto is still my favorite supplier of this item.

Their online catalog takes a while to find it if you go page by page. So I typed “turn signal” in the search bar and got there in a moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loren said:

Thanks for the tip, had already been looking. I'm intending on installing turn signals later, so I bought extra braided cloth wire to run an extra wire to each park light, and will have the other ends rolled up and taped under the dash until I do it.  Both the P15, P19/20 schematics in "downloads" showed 2 wires. Presently only have one wire. 

5 hours ago, Loren said:

Speedway Motors, Mac’s Auto Parts, Summit Racing are not selling genuine Signal-Stat turn signal switches.

They are selling clones.

I couldn’t get the napaonline site to show a photo but the description says Signal Stat.

Amazon sells all of them, good and bad.

Ebay has both the good and the bad too.

Snyders Antique Auto is still my favorite supplier of this item.

Their online catalog takes a while to find it if you go page by page. So I typed “turn signal” in the search bar and got there in a moment.

Its been a while but if you can find someone with a good napa discount you should be able to save quite a bit. The last one I bought was about$30. 

10 hours ago, Sam Buchanan said:

I too use the Signal Stat and it is a good switch. Here is how I tied the switch's wires into the car's harness. This also makes it easy to tap a 6v source or connect a remote signal indicator. I removed one of the radio knob blanks and put a green LED in its place for an easy-to-see indicator.

turn-signals-2.jpg.e0d0e67a86902b1d0a1553d471578c02.jpg

I have a single green indicator in my cluster, I plan on installing a lite socket with diodes for easier visibility due to my age!!!! I like this set up Sam.

23 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Its been a while but if you can find someone with a good napa discount you should be able to save quite a bit. The last one I bought was about$30. 

Just checked, $89 at Napa.

Installed the Signal Stat 900 last night, works great even with the made in Taiwan flasher(I will keep my original made in USA flasher for a spare). Utilized the single green indicator in the cluster by installing diodes from each front t/s wire. Will isolate the unit from the steering column so the indicator lites in the unit will not function. Thanks for all the help. If anyone is interested in the the original self cancelling unit, I will label the wires for an easy install.