Last Run of 2021?

RobertKB

Out in my ‘51 Dodge D39 business coupe for what could be the last run of 2021. -3C (27F), little bit of wind, and cloudy although you can just make out our star in the first pic. Supposed to get 5-10cm (2-4”) of snow overnight and tomorrow and then a bit cooler for a while. 

Colder weather doesn’t bother me as I just about got roasted out of the car with the heater fan off! Just don’t like messy roads. If things clear up I hope to be out again before the end of 2021. 

63375777-3B4D-4F1D-A348-C9C2DA4012F4.jpeg.96ed069d658c1891c3745509d2c863bf.jpeg

A615F85E-9DBD-44B6-B16A-6021A58C544A.jpeg.d84054d8fd43a80e213cbad0d093d7b6.jpeg

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 7

Nice car - I just took my ‘50 Plymouth Deluxe in for her pre-hibernation oil change and grease job.  I’m going to put some Sta-bil in the tank, go for a nice long drive over to Niagara on the Lake on the weekend (if there’s no snow) and then put “Winnie” in the garage for a nice long sleep.  (However, if the weather stays nice, we may have to go for another drive.).

• Like 1

I had the '41 out the other day. Wanted to turn it around and ended up with a short 10 minute drive. Sorry no picture, but I did get it turned around so I can access it easier in the garage this winter. I may get it out again before all the roads get salted.

Turned out to be a beautiful day here in Central Pennsylvania. My wife and I took the '41 out for an hour or so. Here it is getting fueled up as we headed home. Last ride of the year? Maybe/maybe not. Funny story, at an earlier stop today a teenage boy came up and said "Cool car, that must be what, about a 1976?" I said 1941 Dodge, and he said "Was that the first year they even made a Dodge?" He was polite and even told me AutoZone probably won't have parts for it but I could try Google on the internet if I need anything. Made me feel really old! 

IMG_20211204_135013766_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211204_135126160.jpg

Edited by oldodge41
  • Like 6

I wouldn't drive that beauty on sloppy roads either.  My car on the other hand rusted out 60 years ago lol.  Still clear here, but my brother is enjoying the Meadowbrook yet! ?

My ‘38 becomes a professional model each winter. Posing for the photographer.  She never leaves the driveway until the road salt, rocks and sand are gone.  Sorta like a Cars Illustrated Driveway Swimsuit Edition. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Glad you could make it out!?

Since my last post the weather has been snow, cold, windy and miserable. Presently +1F and snowing. It had to happen sometime and the long hibernation has started. I do not like winter!?

Been unseasonably warm. We had snow one day. About an inch and it didn't last. Enough rain since to clean the few roads that were salted. Not a big fan of winter either, but if it would stay like this run of weather I could get used to it.

Cloudy but in the 50’s today.  Decided to convert my florescent bulbs in my garage to LED’s.  Had to move the 41, so I just had to take it for a cruise.  

60CF0F45-040C-4FA1-A246-396C84B18D71.jpeg

• Like 4

TWO BIG ASS 6-CYLINDER DODGES. My '49 and '99 - 50 years apart!

It's 50 degrees out here on Christmas day. I've been using these two, for some Christmas "goodie" deliveries. The Coupe is good for long, lighter items and the Dually is best for the heavier big stuff.

Anyhow, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

IMG_1788.jpg.c3a0e9056991d8ba25f6d02d678b15d7.jpg

• Like 2

It's the last day of the year, and I'm out dropping off libation to a couple of buddies in our Valle Vista complex.

Cloudy and 45, and come to think of it, this is the first time I've had the cowl vent closed all year!

2099148489_IMG_1934(1).jpg.165b18e59803aff7784fbb89490b59af.jpg

• Like 2