Exhaust Fumes

Jim Neville

Hello. Have my 1950 Windsor all setup for its long winter nap in my garage. Just wondering if anyone has used a aluminum dryer vent hose to hookup to the tailpipe to allow the fumes to escape out of the garage. I would like to start it up every week or so. I have a Carbon Monoxide detector setup in the garage to warn me of dangerous fume buildup. I know I could open the door but I would lose all the heat in the garage. Looked at buying one that they use in service centers but the price is crazy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I used aluminum dryer vent to allow running the car inside.  (I would still keep the garage door open; Carbon monoxide gas settles to the bottom, after it cools.)

(Photos to follow:  outside louver; reducing the diameter of the pipe at the exhaust pipe.  Stay tuned.)

1 hour ago, Jim Neville said:

Hello. Have my 1950 Windsor all setup for its long winter nap in my garage. Just wondering if anyone has used a aluminum dryer vent hose to hookup to the tailpipe to allow the fumes to escape out of the garage. I would like to start it up every week or so. I have a Carbon Monoxide detector setup in the garage to warn me of dangerous fume buildup. I know I could open the door but I would lose all the heat in the garage. Looked at buying one that they use in service centers but the price is crazy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Should work fine.  Might want to add a 2nd CO detector and have 1 near the rear of the car and 1 on the other side.  We have a CO2 detector in our house extra to the CO detector. CO2 high level isn't as harmful but can make you sluggish.