15th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

48Dodger

Well, we did do a get together of sorts at your place Mark when I stopped by in 2019......

And if I remember correctly, Merle had a get together for Old Dodge iron at his place @2012, 14 maybe?

I support the idea of multiple locations and the like.....I'm amazed I've been able to pull it off for this many years.

You guys are to much fun I guess...lol.

As far as FB goes...I'll share the flyer again and leave it at that.

48D 

4 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Well, we did do a get together of sorts at your place Mark when I stopped by in 2019......

And if I remember correctly, Merle had a get together for Old Dodge iron at his place @2012, 14 maybe?

I support the idea of multiple locations and the like.....I'm amazed I've been able to pull it off for this many years.

You guys are to much fun I guess...lol.

As far as FB goes...I'll share the flyer again and leave it at that.

48D 

As someone said above I think making it an event is the way to go. Then fb will actually remind people

OK....made it an event.

I'll post a picture later today....

Then let's see what will comes of it.

I'll be more than happy to steer anyone here, to the forum, to give them a better idea of how we roll...lol

48D

link to FB posted event

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 3:43 PM, bkahler said:

Well......I've put the date on my calendar and mentioned to my boss that I might need some time off next spring.  However being realistic about things I'm not sure I can get the truck in drivable and presentable condition by the departure date.  Minimum 3 days each way with over 2,400 miles one way means I really need to think this through before I can make any sort of intelligent decision!

I do know I work better when I have a goal to work towards so who knows :)

Brad

Ok, my time off from work has been approved.  That doesn't mean I'll be able to make it all the way to Clements but at least I won't get fired if I do head west :)

Seeing as how this trip will require trailering my B3 across the Rockies in late March and early April I have a hunch that snow may be involved in this trip.  I'm not worried about my tow vehicle (F250 SD) or the trailer or of the drive itself.  I will be replacing all four trailer tires as well as the brake assemblies, just because. 

My biggest concern for the trip is the best route takes me through Salt Lake city, any other route adds lots of miles and time to the trip.  A side benefit of driving I-80 through Nebraska is it allows me to visit family in Lincoln.   

I lived in Denver for 12 years so I know what winter and spring weather can be like in the Rockies.  So, am I making a mistake thinking I can make this trip during springtime in the Rockies?!  Am I right in that this is the last year the barbeque will be held?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bkahler said:

I lived in Denver for 12 years so I know what winter and spring weather can be like in the Rockies.  So, am I making a mistake thinking I can make this trip during springtime in the Rockies?!  Am I right in that this is the last year the barbeque will be held?

So far we have not seen much of a Winter until last weekend, 

wish I had a tow vehicle I trusted for the trip, don't think

the Hyundai would do it and the F250 is too old.

Watch the forecasts, I think you'll be fine.

30 minutes ago, billrigsby said:

So far we have not seen much of a Winter until last weekend, 

wish I had a tow vehicle I trusted for the trip, don't think

the Hyundai would do it and the F250 is too old.

Watch the forecasts, I think you'll be fine.

I was just looking at google maps showing the I-80 route and there were probably a dozen spots across Wyoming that where I-80 was closed ?

I think I'm most worried about the road debris and salt that could or would be encountered on the trip.  Anyone know of some sort of wrap that could be used to cover the front of the B3?  What I'm picturing is the stuff I see on the new cars being carried on transporters.

18 minutes ago, bkahler said:

I was just looking at google maps showing the I-80 route and there were probably a dozen spots across Wyoming that where I-80 was closed ?

YES, last weekend was brutal for the Rockies, at least the high country,

I got a whopping .5" on Christmas Day, an inch and a quarter this whole season. ?

3 hours ago, bkahler said:

Am I right in that this is the last year the barbeque will be held?

Lol, if that is what it takes to get you to the “Q” then YES, this is the last one!!! ?

Yeah, time of year makes a difference to me for towing over the Rockies also

imo, fly out this year, check out the event…..

who knows after meeting us, you may be glad you didn’t bring the truck ?

Edited by Brent B3B
Photo removed
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

Lol, if that is what it takes to get you to the “Q” then YES, this is the last one!!! ?

BAF7ACA1-46EE-4F81-BA7E-AEEB55DBADE0.jpeg.b88ca13a6399694d117e58a7aa7c2a3a.jpeg

Beautiful picture!  

15 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

Nah, no interest in flying anywhere anymore.  I flew all over the country and the world from the late 70s through the early 2000s and flying today is not really flying, it's just a modern form of torture ?

I will admit I'm a little nervous about having my truck next to the creme de la creme but it would be nice to see it parked side by side with the best of them :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brent B3B said:

BAF7ACA1-46EE-4F81-BA7E-AEEB55DBADE0.jpeg.b88ca13a6399694d117e58a7aa7c2a3a.jpeg

better NOT be the last one!

1 hour ago, bkahler said:

I will admit I'm a little nervous about having my truck next to the creme de la creme but it would be nice to see it parked side by side with the best of them :)

Yeah, last year I wanted to park next to the cool trucks also… but, it was suggested I park next to the other parts trucks ?

image.jpeg.3f833a43958e7f454a56465960737566.jpeg

• Haha 3

The longest road trip made to the Q, was a 1938 Panel truck from Spokane, Washington, I believe.

Brent has shown up from the Portland, Oregon area a few times with various 1 and 1.5 tonners.

And even went to "Back to the 50's" in Minnesota, trailering his 1 tonner. 

Mark brings beer... Minnesota beer. Mark wins.

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Haha 2

lol....I kid. Brent is fearless when it comes to towing.

He's got that bunch of mountains between Oregon and California that are no joke.

He has got some serious nuts holding those wheels on, I tell ya.

Brent is a real trucker kinda guy for sure! :D

48D

• Thanks 1

And Brent has a fantastic copilot. I’m returning this year with my suburban. May pitch a tent and stay a while, great place for a respite for my lyme infection. Nice clean air and open spaces.  I will be bringing a trailer full of mopar parts, I’m downsizing, so the prices will be chartable. 

60AD5D9B-93DF-4815-9247-B5B5499C5072.jpeg

DF2D8B8A-C38D-489E-B641-FC500B32DD1D.jpeg

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I’m just itching to get back over there to spend time with my forum brother’s at the Q.

Life (and the Covid pandemic) has prevented me from travelling abroad for the past couple of years.

I have much going on at present, so I won’t be able to attend the event this year… but I will make every effort to be there in 2023.

Special thanks to you Tim for hosting such a great event for so many years running. 
I very much look forward to seeing the updates this year from this spectacular event.

Best wishes,

Davin (from the ‘land down under’)

Edited by Desotodav
  • Like 3

Miss you too Dav!!

We'll find a way to get you back this way even if it means adding

some paddle tires to the truck to make it across the drink! 

Note: For those who don't know, Davin, he lives in Brisbane, Australia and has been to two Tailgate BBQ's.

Rock & Roll brother!

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1