Cowl vent seal.

OUTFXD

Quick question.  Does the Cowl Vent seal glue to the main body of the car, or to the bottom of the vent? I ASSUME you glue it to the body,  But I would rather know and get it right than assume and find out later that I screwed it up.

15 minutes ago, Sniper said:

One more thing to add, if it's not too late.  That 3M weatherstrip adhesive is no joke.  You better have that gasket precisely aligned before you touch it down otherwise you will be rueing that day. 

I am holding out till I replace the cowl vent,  witch I am holding until I get the Under dash cleaned up. Just finished with painting the floor so Building patch panels and Repainting the under dash are next up. Thanks for the heads up!

Set it down as it needs to sit, you will not be able to start in a corner and work it around as once they adhesive touches it sticks.  My son in law an I put it in and we messed up the initial touch, fortunately it was maybe a 1/4" touching at that point and we were able to pull it free and do it again.  If we had started in a corner working it around and if there was any bunching at the end we would have been in a world of hurt.  We did do a nice dry fit before we put any adhesive down to make sure there would not be a problem with fitment.  I did buy a bunch of clothespins and binder clips to hold the gasket till the adhesive setup.  NO NEED, if you follow the 3M instructions.  Once set in place we verified no clean up needed and I just closed the vent and left it for a couple days like that, simply because I didn't open it for a couple days.  Probably not needed at all either.  If you are worried about gluing the vent closed with excess glue squeezings some wax paper between the vent and gasket will probably prevent that.  But you do not need a lot of glue so there shouldn't be any squeezings to worry about.

I really wish I had a video of us doing this, but my hands were full.

good luck

• Thanks 1