Disgusting Ads

rallyace

Since this thread has been going I started pay attention more to the adds I see. Otherwise I didn't pay much attention to them. I then noticed that on my laptop PC at work I don't see any adds, but on my  iPad at home I see several. Lately they've been for Nordstroms, or similar. And I'm guessing they keep coming back as I accidently click on them when I'm scrolling sometimes. But at work I now wonder if our firewall settings are blocking the adds. I understand the adds help GTK pay the bills to keep this awesome forum running, but I don't seem to miss them when they're not there. ?

I've never seen an ad on this site. But then I don't use Google search (I use duck duck go for privacy & it works well), and I would never use Facebook. I don't like what either one does with user data. My 2 cents.

Pete

• Thanks 1

Using Firefox and Duck duck go I do not see Any ads!

There or anywhere.. Also dump search history on regular basis.

UP to you.

DJ

I have noticed this trend toward more risqué ads like lingerie or suggestive t-shirts that I don’t see on any other sites.

what the proper request should be to the moderators @P15-D24 is to adjust your site ad sensitivity settings to avoid risqué ads being served.

ads will still be shown but just different ones.

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/180609?hl=en

Edited by wagoneer

The other evening I accessed this site, and an ad came up for a certain clothing store.  There was nothing offensive or "risque" about the ad, but I thought, Now while I have been in that store sometimes with my wife, I don't think I have EVER searched for anything on their site.  Then I went upstairs, where my wife was on her own computer, and she told me that she was just a few dollars short of free shipping.  I looked, and she was on that exact clothing store's site.  So I'm wondering if it is going off of our IP Address.  That would explain some of the "intimate apparel" ads which sometimes pop up for me here.  (I could ask her if she gets auto-related ads, but I think she runs an ad-blocker all the time.)

On 11/5/2021 at 3:02 PM, DJ194950 said:

Using Firefox and Duck duck go I do not see Any ads!

There or anywhere.. Also dump search history on regular basis.

UP to you.

DJ

I have used Firefox since version one and DuckDuckGo Since Version one and they have little to nothing on me tracking wise at google...

• 7 months later...

Lately these dumb ads keep popping up here in my P15-D24 pages.  What purpose does this serve anyone? I guess it helps the fuel pump and fuel injector folks make a living. Mechanics too I guess. 

I can’t say I’ve ever searched or clicked on anything to lead to this type of directed advertising. Just dumb. 

ED0B7E9D-E0E7-434A-8810-4F2CED6F1F3A.jpeg

• Like 1