Jacquiline, My 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe

OUTFXD

I live in Washington state. We dont Actually have monsoons, though technically we are a rain forest.  I isnt uncommon for it to rain a week straight here during the winter. The locals like to say "The monoons have set in".  :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

Looks good, but those battery cables look a bit small for a 6 volt system. You’ll find it cranks over much better with larger cables. 

https://www.batterycablesusa.com/1-0-gauge-battery-cables-0-awg

battery-cables.jpg.a6d038db0ab055e49f8936293293988a.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Looks good, but those battery cables look a bit small for a 6 volt system. You’ll find it cranks over much better with larger cables. 

5 hours ago, Sam Buchanan said:

Wow! Thank you both!  The cables that are installed where just what was available at the local Parts Hause while I tried to find the starting issue. Turned out to be the wire from the solinoid to the starter.  Of course the last place I looked. I plan on upgrading to appropriate wires.   Sam,  What is the second wire attached to your ground terminal on the battery?

In my ongoing mission to seal up Jacquiline, I noticed that both wing windows where missing Weather strip where they meet the side window. Do I just use the Beltline Weather strip or is there an all in one medal strip that I can order?1350969418_WingWindow.jpg.7574696659575103a79fb0ada1e4d382.jpg

Edited by OUTFXD

18 minutes ago, MarcDeSoto said:

There is a good video of the restoration of a 41 Plymouth showing how to restore the vent wings.  it starts at about 3:50 into the video.  

My exwife would yell at me if I tried to work on car stuff inside!  Great video though!  Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OUTFXD said:

Wow! Thank you both!  The cables that are installed where just what was available at the local Parts Hause while I tried to find the starting issue. Turned out to be the wire from the solinoid to the starter.  Of course the last place I looked. I plan on upgrading to appropriate wires.   Sam,  What is the second wire attached to your ground terminal on the battery?

That is a chassis ground, goes to a bolt on the radiator support that was convenient. 

1 hour ago, MarcDeSoto said:

Yes, that's why she's your ex-wife.  Now you can work on your engine on the kithen table if you want.  

Exactly my friend! Exactly!

I mean,  Whats the big deal about a little crankcase oil?

Edited by OUTFXD
  • Like 1

I like the original engine color scheme of black and silver.    It looks good once everything is cleaned and has shiny paint.

I used POR 15 rust paint (the smallest can) and applied with a small brush.  I like the shade of silver and using a brush gives

you a bit thicker coat of paint than a spray can.  Black is just good quality spray paint.  Just my two cents worth.  Looks like

you are doing good work and accomplishing quite a bit.  Bob.

DSC00360.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 2