Jacquiline, My 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe

OUTFXD

2 hours ago, 48jumpdoors said:

Man!! I was getting so frustrated just reading your post that I was getting ready to go out in the shop and beat on my own car! I'm glad you figured it out.

every time I see an old solenoid at a swap meet or garage sale I pick it up just in case. I'm not sure how to distinguish 6 from 12 volt solenoids but Im sure there is a way other than markings

• Thanks 1

Decided to paint the steering column.  Boy did THAT turn out to be a job.  Ended up tearing apart the shift linkage and removing the steering wheel.

So.  Clean, sand, degrease, clean again, primer... you know the drill.

Steering Wheel Repaint 1.jpg

Steering Wheel Repaint 2.jpg

Steering wheel gets two coats of Glossy "Crystal Clear"  Clear coat.

This is just kind of mocked up "back together",  Kinda wished I'd picked up my tools before taking this pick. And a before pick. (not a terribly good before pick but I didnt think of taking one before starting out on this venture

DashAfter2.jpg.4d2a76c198a1a2b478b469ee5f7878a0.jpg

Steering Wheel Repaint 5.jpg

Edited by OUTFXD
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, OUTFXD said:

This is just kind of mocked up "back together",  Kinda wished I'd picked up my tools before taking this pick. And a before pick. (not a terribly good before pick but I didnt think of taking one before starting out on this venture

19 minutes ago, OUTFXD said:

Steering Wheel Repaint 5.jpg

so are you missing the top half of your horn ring? I looked at my P15 and it is a complete circle. Anyway nice job on the interior so far!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 48jumpdoors said:

so are you missing the top half of your horn ring? I looked at my P15 and it is a complete circle. Anyway nice job on the interior so far!

Mine doesnt have a top half and doesnt look like it was broken off or anything.  I have to assume its a difference in... year? Trime level?  Model?   not sure.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 7:40 PM, OUTFXD said:

Mine doesnt have a top half and doesnt look like it was broken off or anything.  I have to assume its a difference in... year? Trime level?  Model?   not sure.

Nope that's the got cutoff in traffic model horn ring. My car had one too

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2023 at 6:47 PM, Young Ed said:

Nope that's the got cutoff in traffic model horn ring. My car had one too

On closer inspection I can see where the spokes for the top where cut off and polished to fit so you are correct!

• 3 months later...

Well,  Financial apocalypses stopped happening,  Makes me kinda nervous really.  Back to "fun" projects.  Finally got to put new Plug wires in.  While I was at I put in an old school (Older school?) wire separator.  not 100& happy but it looks better and she runs better,  I had to relocate the Coil.  The wires from the harness are very short so I couldnt move it far.  The way I have it interferes with the Crankcase breather and the main ground.  I plan on relocating the coil to the firewall.  but I dont have enough wire at the moment. (edit pictures are before/after)

Firewall Demasked..jpg

New Spark Wires.jpg

Edited by OUTFXD

Myself I feel that a ground should Never go on a bolt that goes into a water passage of the motor.  Rust issues in areas that cannot be seen.

Better imo is a bolt that just goes into the block, say the generator mount bolts/ starter mount bolts as has been done on some Mopars in the past.

It seems that Mopar did (may have) used the water area bolts in the stock form  from factory from others posts on this forum. I cannot dispute this at all.

I just choose to make myself relax about the issue by using a non water connected bolts- it is just to easy to do so.  ?

DJ

• Like 1

When I got my P15 the battery ground cable was connected to a thermostat bolt, am wondering if it came from the factory that way. I moved it to the bolt attached to the head that secures the air filter brace which doesn't penetrate the water jacket.

battery-cables.jpg.a6d038db0ab055e49f8936293293988a.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...