Jacquiline, My 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe

OUTFXD

https://www.ecrater.com/p/40636016/1946-1948-plymouth-p-15-2dr-sedan-coupe-convertible?keywords=1946+PLYMOUTH

I was skeptical cause it is a sight I am not used to.  But the same guy had the same cards on Ebay but the shipping was $90 vs $20.

Cut to order and arrived way faster than I was expecting.

Time to set up a sound system. The old dash pad is totally clapped out!  I will replace it (until I get some decent speakers) with a recycled piece of plywood from my friends construction project.

Sound system 1.jpg

Cut away anything that doesnt look like Package tray.

Put it in and spray some pain on it from the trunk. this lets me know where it is safe to run bolts through without interfering with the existing sheet metal.

Sound system 4.jpg

Run the wires and bolt in the speakers.  I am using 8ohm bookshelf speakers until I get some proper speakers.  Since they are 8ohm going into a 4ohm system they are wired in parallel two to a side.

Sound system 7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Let the rustoleum dry and coated it with Industrial Enamel.  Sadly, trying to Spray upside down with only a foot of clearance between car and garage floor with a Gravity feed spray gun proved problematic.

(I went back later and leaned it up with a spray can)

Gas tank 3.jpg

• 1 month later...

so. been trying to figure out the timing again.  

Right  where the timing wants to be,  there is a oiler<?> sticking out of the side of the distributor

that interferes with a lump cast into the block.

There is a bolt that tightens to the block, loosen it and you get about 20 degrees if adjustment.  Not enough to shift the spark plug wires over  to compensate for running into the cast lump.

Distributor 1.png

So I get to thinking.  The clowns that previously owned the car messed everything else up.  What if they installed the adjustment plate on the distributor upside down?

So this morning I pulled the distributor and inspected the adjustment plate, only to find there is a bolt on the BOTTOM of the adjustment plate into the destributor that allows an additional (about) 20 degrees rotation,   It was cranked all the way counter clockwise. 

This bolt is not visible from the engine compartment.   I am skeptical about being able to access it with the destributor installed.

this should be enough to shift the spark plugs over one place and put the timing  where is should be without the oiler interfering with the block.

destributor 2.jpg

• 1 month later...