Jacquiline, My 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe

OUTFXD

3 hours ago, OUTFXD said:

Finally resolved my starting Problems.   11 months and over $1000 later and the problem waaaaaaasss (Drum roll please)

The Freaking Solenoid.   The FIRST thing I replaced.  In fact I replaced it 4 times.

Someone (Bryan I think) Sent me a link to the parts number for a legitimate 6v Solenoid from Standard.  She starts better than she ever has before.

Glad I could help.  That's what I got for mine, whenever I get it running.

• Thanks 1

Decided to try my hand at  Faux wood grain.  Kinda want to tone down the bright blue I have been using on the trim.  Wanting to do something that was easily fixed if I messed it up I decided to rework the ash trays.

I didnt think about "before" pictures until I was half way done.  DOH!

Ash tray 5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And installed it in Jacquiline, adding a heat shield to the Fuel Filter I made out of a soda can and some Thermal Shielding. Did it work?  Well she feels peppier and had no fuel starvation issues.  However by the time I got everything together it was well into the evening and many degrees cooler than the heat of the day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a scorcher.  Ill go for a drive and report back.

Heat Shield 4.jpg

• Like 1

When I bought Jacquiline,  The then own told me that she wouldnt shift into second gear.

Doing some research the owner before them also noted no shifting into second gear.

I found a dealer in Michigan that had her in the 90s and they too said she wouldnt shift into second gear. Sighting Linkage issues.

The Massively oversquare engine performs well enough with a 1st to 3rd shift I decided my time was better spent fixing more critical issues.

Until she started refusing to shift to reverse.

A thought has been niggling at the back of my had for some time now. So I did a little experimentation and POW! I could shift into reverse AND SECOND!

so what was it? was was the issue that stumped two owners and a car dealership?

Second Gear 2.jpg

• Like 1

The shifter was held to the steering column with ONE bolt.  the bolt on the bottom of the steering column being mysteriously absent. When the shift lever was moved UP for reverse or second,  it wiggled a little bit.

I used on hand to clamp the shifter to the steering column and the other to shift and problem solved.

a quick trip to the local warehouse store and I dont have to try to use both hands to shift.

At some point in the future I will deal with the new issue,   She dosnt want to shift to second unless I goto third first.

Second Gear 3.jpg

Edited by OUTFXD
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now comes the hard part. put it someplace warm and dry and let it dry for two or three days. 

Stain is water based.  Enamel is Oil based. they dont mix. If you dont let the stain dry THOROUGHLY  you clear is going to react,  it wont be clear and it wont be smooth.

Ash tray 2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...