Jacquiline, My 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe

OUTFXD

My new battery cables just arrived from USbattery.com Got a set of custom 0/1 gauge cables.  Installed the new cables, reinstalled the old 6v battery. 

So kudos to everyone that told me it was the cables that where the problem!

And she turns over under her own power!   It was kinda slow roll over, but it did it!  Currently charging the 6v battery,  big hopes for tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 2:31 PM, OUTFXD said:

In my ongoing mission to seal up Jacquiline, I noticed that both wing windows where missing Weather strip where they meet the side window. Do I just use the Beltline Weather strip or is there an all in one medal strip that I can order?1350969418_WingWindow.jpg.7574696659575103a79fb0ada1e4d382.jpg

When I was restoring a 47 Chrysler coupe recently, I used a scrap piece of trunk liner for the the no-draft fuzzie.    I glued it in with 3M 08008 adhesive.  I used lots of those stationery clamps to hold it in place while the 08008 set up.  Amazingly the trunk liner looks and feels identical to the real thing.  I also used a strip of the trunk liner for the outside fuzzie for the side windows.  Yes you can buy the real things that are shaped and cost an arm and a leg.  But where can you get the large staples that were used to hold them on?   Plus you'd need a special tool/stapler to fasten it in place.    If you're curious I can link you to the web page I made for the car.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OUTFXD said:

I cant quite put my finger on why,  but I suspect one of the teenagers had delusions of electricianism.

Conversly,  I found the short that was causing my electrical issues!

Fuzebox back.jpg

Looks like they didn't have a large enough iron to properly melt the solder, and didn't know what they were doing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OUTFXD said:

I cant quite put my finger on why,  but I suspect one of the teenagers had delusions of electricianism.

Conversly,  I found the short that was causing my electrical issues!

Fuzebox back.jpg

Woooow!  That's amazing.  I'm wondering why they didn't just forget about the fuse panel and twist the wires together, no mar connectors needed of course.  haha!

• Haha 1

Wow! That is a sexy car!  You did a great job on every aspect!

And pretty close to the color I want for Jacquiline!  

I will be referring  to your webpage occasionally for insight!

Thanks again!

14 minutes ago, OUTFXD said:

Wow! That is a sexy car!  You did a great job on every aspect!

And pretty close to the color I want for Jacquiline!  

I will be referring  to your webpage occasionally for insight!

Thanks again!

Thank you and you're quite welcome.   I have many many more pictures so if you have any questions about something, just let me know.

yeah there was a TON of "Spot spraying" trying to get around all the bits and bobs.   I think I am going to paint the upper half,  It will require the removal of the hood, so it will have to wait till I have someone to help me remove it.                                                                                                                  

See you're using Dupli-color (can in the background). I don't know how their regular paints are but I had a heckuva time with their light gray sandable primer. It would spray out in spatters, and run easily.

• Like 1