FWIW (and future planning?) they've vastly improved the trail into the "Ghost Trains of the Allagash".  The missus and I went out there last month.  Unfortunately, that means more people, but that's a relative term depending on what you're used to.  Still just short of a mile, but the formerly difficult areas are now planked.  Safe travels! 

7 hours ago, pflaming said:

Cheesy, where in Maine? We were in the Brunswick/Bath area. 

Union, in Knox County.

My daughter failed at fostering cats and now has three of them. Wifey and I are allergic to kitties, so we are staying in Rockland, not too far from my favorite restaurant, the Rockland Cafe. We are also bringing both grandsons along so they can hang with their cousins. As we are taking my wife's Renegade, I may be drinking in the evenings after spending the day in the car with both of those boys.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it's actually in Ellsworth, not Belfast, as I mentioned earlier. It's getting new cedar shakes. We went on Monday. I scored an Optimus 77 camp stove outfit and a barely used Craftsman 1/2" torque wrench. We did drive past the other barn but it was pouring and didn't stop.

Heading back to Illannoy tomorrow.