Classic to Current sheet metal - watch out - prices

Bryan

I just ordered a bunch of panels for my 1958 Dodge Coronet.   First panel I ordered to see quality was $79.99. Got it, weeks later (now) ordered the rest of the panels..but they were $99.99 each.   They are the only source I know..  They have panels for the 1948 D24, some at $79.99.  I would be careful about ordering from them..if you see them on sale and want to order don't go back..  I'm not sure but I sent them this email... 

"I just ordered about $XXx worth of 1958 Dodge Coronet parts.   The first time I ordered one panel to see the quality was order xxx, and one panel was $79.99.

When I went to order all the panels for my 1958 Dodge, they were all $99.99.  I figured, oh well, shipping problems or something made the parts go up.

So I order.   Then I’m looking at panels for a 1948 Dodge, another car I have ..they are all magically $79.99 on sale each for the side panels.

I’m wondering if I’m getting screwed by some computer algorithm that raises the price on a part once you’ve shown interest in it.

Not happy…

Bryan"

I'll see how they respond.   The quality of panels is great...just feel like I got screwed over by some game.   Hope this is the right section to post this..

I've heard that airlines use a 'price increase on 2nd visit' algorithm for ticket pricing.  It wouldn't surprise me if other industries do the same.

Try RockAuto for the sheet metal you're looking for.   They may catalog it.   If you buy anything, don't forget the 5% discount code.

Edited by JerseyHarold
  • Like 1

I believe what Byran is saying is AFTER first purchase there is a cost increase on subsequent orders....and that may be per MODEL car.  It has been so long since ordering from them but yes the experience was similar when buying for a 62 Dodge and later for the other 62 Dodge I have here.   Second order  had a rate increase.  While they can often be the only game in town and panels are fairly priced they as well as other suppliers used when buying sheet metal...tweaking is often required.   Not saying the tweaks are major....just be sure their panel will suit the application before making the body cut.

• Like 1