New member introduction

CarWizard

Hello guys. My name is David. I own an exotic / euro repair shop in Newton, KS.

I just picked up a new ride that I couldnt turn down. I LOVE it. Got it from near Lincoln, NE

1954 Plymouth Savoy.

30k original miles. 

3 speed standard trans. 

Id rather have this old girl than a Chevy or Ford anyday!! 

PAPAPA.jpg

• Like 13

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mopar flatheads!

And it seems like you started out with a very nice one.

Please don't hesitate to ask any question about your new ride that pops into your head. There are a lot of people here who are very knowledgable about this cars,and they will all be happy to advise you.

I suspect you will soon discover this is the friendliest "newbie" board on old cars on the web.

Edited by knuckleharley

Yes, welcome aboard from New Zealand. These pre and post war Mopars have enthusiastic fans all over the world. I have only found genuine warmth and assistance from these folks.

I really like the front clip with the chrome, badging and lighting details. Hope you enjoy the journey

That’s quite an entrance! Great car. 

Welcome to our group. Arguably the best place in the world for everything related to flathead era Mopars.  You’re gonna love it here. 

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

And don’t say I am slow or anything but I just connected the dots correctly and realized who you are. I enjoy your vids.  Look forward to your input.

Well, there's slow and then there is me.  I have no idea who the OP is, but he does have good taste.

• Like 1

I get a chuckle whenever I hear somebody who loves their ford or GM car, then drives in a Chrysler on the same roads, and is wowed at how sweet that buggy rides...recently had a lady friend who loved her hyundai until it started falling apart, I put her in a 200 and drove her across the rough railroad tracks by her place, then on the tore up highway to her job...she fell in love with that swoopy car and doesn't want anything else now :D

Welcome aboard...have fun with the new ride whenever ya can :cool:

Just watched several of your videos.  Will you you do a similar one on your Plymouth?  Think you will be interested in what you find.  Have you ascertained  yet if it's a 217.8 0r 230.  Mid 54 was the change over.  You might want to look up head gasket issues for these engines series.

Savoy was the mid level of the Hotel series.  Plaza being the base and Belvedere  being the fully blinged top of the line.  Mechanically all very much the same, just different trim, finishes, and accessories. 

Edited by greg g

Welcome, that's a nice looking ride.

This is a very helpful and friendly group. 

I'm a custom car guy, but that baby I would it stock.