New head gasket leaks water

38plymouth

I am officially declaring victory over the leak, It is gone. So, after solving that issue and playing with the timing and the mixture screw the car was running as good or better than it ever has. I changed the oil and noticed the fuel pump was leaking. I rebuilt it a couple years ago. I ended up pulling it out twice before I saw where the leak was and it just need a little tightening. 

I decided it was time for a drive. First of all I was shocked at for good it ran, it is super smooth now and it's much stronger. I forgot how much more power the Fenton head gives it, I mean, it is VERY noticeable. I didn't even have to touch the timing. The only thing I noticed was if I was in 3rd gear and I stepped on it at low speeds it started pulling hard and then it felt like the rpms were climbing too fast. I think the clutch is slipping. The clutch was put in New in 2009 and probably doesn't have 500-1000 miles on it. I'm hoping maybe I need to adjust the free play a bit, there isn't very much of it. 

Now I'm buffing and detailing it a bit before driving the heck out of it now that it isn't blazing hot out anymore.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, sidevalvepete said:

Good result. Well done. Would love to see some pics ?

When she's all cleaned up I'll add some. I'm dealing with very old black paint (possibly original) and then fenders that were repainted 30-40 years ago. I'm sad to say I stuck her in a storage unit for the last two years and she got neglected. I'm doing my best to buff what I can and make her look as good as possible.