Anyone Out Cruising Today?

keithb7

3 hours ago, busycoupe said:

One more ....

BC7EFCD0-8076-4F2C-9310-D7935F02FDD4.jpeg

Beautiful car,great photo and it looks great with the fall colours in the background.

We haven't had the old girl out for a week or so. Last time we were out a photographer for the local paper captured this pic as he was doing some photography for a local story and it appeared on the front page of the local weekly paper. The pics of the paper are posted in the Off Topic Forum. The paper graciously provided a digital copy of the photo when my sister inquired. The church in the background is affectionately known as "The Old Mud Church" and is located in Philipsburg, PA. I grew up about two blocks from it and now it is about a 30 minute drive away.

Old Mud Church.jpeg

• Like 1

20211024_201844.jpg.d904ff02f2be6641e5f90d2077ed1ea7.jpg

Out for an evening drive. Fall colors are about peaked here. It was a beautiful drive through the country with the fall colors, the setting sun, migrating birds flying in formation, fields all golden and ready for harvest. It was a bit chilly since the Meadowbrook doesn't have a heater. I love fall but I'm not ready to park it for the season. 

• Like 2

Drats.  Northern Maine is well past peak colors.  Most of the leaves are off now, and the tamarack are starting to brown up (only conifer that loses its leaves [needles] for the winter, pretty much the last trees to lose their leaves every season).  Woulda been out with the D24 but issues in NJ took precedence, trip back this weekend was nice through New England scenery wise.  But - we still strive to get the D24 out until December when the "winter layup" kicks in and she gets tucked in for the winter. 

13 hours ago, Young Ed said:

IMG_20211022_141607.jpg

They used the same basic body stampings for 1962, 63 and 64. My family’s '63 wagon (I think that is the last year that Plymouth called them suburbans) was the car I learned to drive in. Every time I see a Plymouth wagon of that vintage it brings back memories of that time.

4 hours ago, Dan Hiebert said:

Drats.  Northern Maine is well past peak colors.  Most of the leaves are off now, and the tamarack are starting to brown up (only conifer that loses its leaves [needles] for the winter, pretty much the last trees to lose their leaves every season). . .

I was not aware that tamarack was another name for a larch tree.

7 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I believe the Suburban wagon continued though 1978......

Now I am trying to find the reference that caused me to think 1963 was the last year. The Butler book on DeSoto and Plymouth describes them as station wagons. My 50th anniversary of Chrysler book by Chrysler doesn’t mention or show suburbans/station wagons for 1963 or 64. And a quick web search only turns up 1940s and 1950s Plymouth Suburbans for sale.

2 hours ago, TodFitch said:

They used the same basic body stampings for 1962, 63 and 64. My family’s '63 wagon (I think that is the last year that Plymouth called them suburbans) was the car I learned to drive in.

I believe this basic body continued into 65 as the midsize platform after mopar accidentally thought they needed to downsize everything for 62. 

10 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

I believe this basic body continued into 65 as the midsize platform after mopar accidentally thought they needed to downsize everything for 62. 

Looking at my Butler book for Plymouth and DeSoto, it seems you are correct. I guess I just don’t recall seeing a 65 Belvedere wagon. At least not in recent enough years that I noticed the body stampings being basically the same as the 62 through 64.

4 hours ago, Veemoney said:

Ed, looks nice by any name

You can call a couch a sofa, settee, lounge,  or davenport but at the end of a long day it doesn't matter much when your on it. 

Thanks we enjoy it. We just call it the wagon the 64 or the belvedere...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Veemoney said:

Ed, looks nice by any name

You can call a couch a sofa, settee, lounge,  or davenport but at the end of a long day it doesn't matter much when your on it. 

Also a couch is called Chesterfield.?

• Like 1

So do you use an ottoman, hassock, or foot stool when pairing with your chesterfield? Is a tuffet a female ottoman.  And what goes with a fainting couch.   Does a tuxedo sofa have tails?  And do tell about your new divan?

Edited by greg g
  • Haha 2

Anyone like to post a picture of their wonderful comfy couch?

On 10/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, TodFitch said:

I was not aware that tamarack was another name for a larch tree.

Same genus, different species.  Something like that.  Not enough difference for me to notice with my limited arboreal identification skills ?.  Someone from Maine seeing a larch in California would call it a tamarack, and someone from California seeing a tamarack in Maine would call it a larch.