Remove Plymouth horn button

Crazyred
Go to solution Solved by TodFitch,

Before i go prying and twisting to remove my horn button on the steering wheel, i figured i would ask someone that's done it before.

On my 1933 plymouth I'm wanting to work on the horn button but haven't found any great diagrams or instructions. My thoughts are it would either pry out or twist out. Just want to make sure i do not damage the plastic pieces while taking them out. 

Any help is appreciated. 

20211016_075514.jpg

Not sure if your 33 is the same: On my '38 Plymouth you push down on the horn, same as you would to use the horn. Hold horn button down, then twist counter clockwise. You may want disconnect horn wire at engine bay end of steering shaft, or battery post to knock back the noise. ?

Edited by keithb7
  • Haha 1

• Solution

On the '33 the bezel around the horn button unscrews. Normal right hand thread. May be a bit stiff with age and crud build up in the threads. If you try to pry it off you will crack or chip the bakelite (don’t ask how I know). Disconnecting the battery (or unplugging the horn wire at the connection just before it goes into the bottom of the steering column) is a good idea if you don’t want to wake your neighbors up.

• Thanks 1