It is that time of the year again, winterizing steps info

lepic56

It could be early for some, but October is a good time to thing about it..  be prepare, I saw snow on the weather channel,  and it is coming this way.. lol

excellent link,,

the first link of course is our forum, started by desoto1939 in 2020, witch fine tune any other link below..

second link,  Hagerty write-up

and the third,,  a video, not bad either

Enjoy,, and tell us what could be missing or you do different...

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/step-by-step-guide-to-winterizing-your-car/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Crazyred said:

For the Houston area, it's perfect season for more drive time?

Yes indeed!!!  It's cooler than the summer's 100F,,  You are so lucky, Keep on driving mopar..,  

Swap your battery cables so the heater will blow warm instead of cool.

Thursday we did a seven car group tour from Syracuse down to Blenheim ny to take in the longest single span covered bridge in the state.  About 325 mile round trip.  Mourning Temps around 42, called for the heater to be on.  So with the fan on medium and the cowl vent just opened a bit, we were comfortably warmed and ventilated through to our first stop.

• Like 1

I know when it’s fall, my shut-in work in the garage commences.  This week it’s been engine reassembly work. Today the snow removal power products are getting serviced.  No, not Mopar but indeed they too need my care and attention like any Mopar I’ve owned. 

• Like 1

Sharpening blades on the John Deere in preparation for leaf mulching,  property has over 40 trees. Is on my list for tomorrow along with doing an oil change and new spark plug for the wheelhouse plow set up, and working on the fuel line, and throttle governor for the old Tecumseh  snow blower.  Bought a new snow blower end of last season, used it once.  Should only need gas to be up for the season.  Ughhh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg g said:

Swap your battery cables so the heater will blow warm instead of cool.

Thursday we did a seven car group tour from Syracuse down to Blenheim ny to take in the longest single span covered bridge in the state.  About 325 mile round trip.  Mourning Temps around 42, called for the heater to be on.  So with the fan on medium and the cowl vent just opened a bit, we were comfortably warmed and ventilated through to our first stop.

WOW!  I checked the area on google map,, What a beautifull area, must have nice!! I remember we used to get logs with our semi-trailer from a place near Middleburg, n.y.. on US30,, and also many travels from Albany to Binghamton on Inter 88..   But it's all hills, so no problems with the cars then?? 

No trouble for the cars. We even pulled the hill out of Middleburg toward Cobleskill in overdrive, passed a couple of cars also going up that hill.  The bridge is just off rt 30.

The info said it was built to ease transport of hemlock bark to a prominent citizen's tannery.  So some form of wood harvesting has been going on down there since before the mid 1800`s.

Lots of interesting stuff around if you slow down and look for it.  One of the fellows suggested Thursdays in October,  we use the P15 Picnic change them to Toursdays and go galivanting about all of middle Sept through Octoursber.  Look for us in the Adirondacks next fall.  Maybe do Whiteface mtn...

• Like 1