car lift upgrade

Plymouthy Adams

when I have a car on the lift and one stored below or working on any other project beneath the lift...the car on the lift blocks the overhead lighting....so I installed these LED lights to solve my poor visibility.   These do good considering the overhead lamps are off.  

IMG_4399.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 5

Well that is certainly some great bright lighting under lift lighting...I like that super looks easy to install bright strip lighting.

I'm going to duplicate doing the same on my back lift.?

My other lift is as you describe also....the ram and cables have a cover in place so that runway is closed up and there is the return lip on the inner side of the runway, so as yours, I have but one open belly runway.   I am going to study how I may do this lift next....the Bendpak and it's design made this just too easy.

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

My other lift . . .

I quit reading right there. I need to calm down and go take a pill.

I was really jealous of Bernie Sanders until I read about this second lift.

ARGH!

I just don't wanna know! ?

• Like 1

I prefer to have two of everything.

Good to have a back up ya know.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I prefer to have two of everything.

Good to have a back up ya know.

I'm with you, moderation be danged...full speed ahead...two + lifts....multiple cars with multiples of the multiples.......if you can swing/afford it...by golly go for it.....life is to short to say in your twilight years:   only if I had done.............but then I repeat...if you so desire and can swing it...don't want anyone to suffer with my ailment of not knowing when to walk on by a car.....

I can’t afford a Lift right now, so to calm myself down I bought a new pair of jackstands. Of course I then had to explain to my wife why I need six jackstands.

Actually, where I live there isn’t enough room.

my other lift is a different style runway and one runway is enclosed from below to hide/protect cables and ram....but after a few minutes of study I have resolved the installation issues here and have purchased another set of lights for install on this lift...the mod will be fairly simple, clean, effective and cost friendly.  

• Like 1

turns out the lights were not lost in transit....big surprise...they showed up about 1PM today......they were quickly unboxed, tested and then installed on the lift.  

pic one....over head lights on...doors closed no lift lights

pic two....overhead lights on...door closed but with lift lights..

pic three..no overhead lights, just my night light and flash of camera...

pic four...no overhead lights.....lift lights on

pic five..shot of the lamps inside the protective shields I made and added to my lift....

Total cost....75.00 with 27 foot of angle metal included in price.  Just flat out hard to go wrong.....pics will be up for a short time...running low on allotted picture space......

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG

IMG_4440.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I never thought of putting lights down, but I like the idea. I put lights on my lift to light the bottom of a car while on the lift. I used LED adhesive strip lighting with 45 degree angle brackets made for under cabinets. it work very well. I think I have around $80 invested in this. 

lift lights.jpg

• Like 3