Fuel gauge and after market tank 12 volt Conversion

Pooshoe

I recently did the 12 V conversion to my 47 Plymouth And trying to use my stock fuel gauge. An universal gas tank was put in prior to me buying it with what looks like aftermarket sending unit as well, if that is the case and it’s not a stock sending unit well I be able to run the stock gas gauge with the after market sending unit by running a runts resistor? Or because the sending unit is not made for the gas gauge does that mean I need an after market gauge? 

thanks guys!

E0716149-6D7F-4D70-88D6-B32A730C7FD6.jpeg

Edited by Pooshoe

I removed the sending unit and ohmed it out and if my correct, found the sweep goes from 100 to 0. Not sure if this will work with the stock gauge or I will need to order the correct sending unit for the tank. Is this correct? 

Thanks dude , I’m dyslexic and there is so much info on this website it’s Daunting when I ask in the forums people say why don’t you read other threads on the topic? I have a third grade reading level it’s a lot of info to Process

53 minutes ago, James_Douglas said:

Just be happy you do not have the Desoto-Chrysler two wire sending units and gauges!

A 1947 plymouth factory fuel gauge is the 2 wire to sender + 1 wire from ignition switch for power like the same era Chrysler desoto & dodge.  

• Like 1