who will paint the work trays.....

Plymouthy Adams

anyone?........Bueller....?  While I did build and install the cabinets about this time last year.....I got to the task of installing my roll out work surfaces for a comfortable height while seated.  I don't take claim at being a carpenter....just claim to get things done.....eventually....!

IMG_4393.JPG

IMG_4394.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

• Like 1

Problem with no paint is hard to clean. Just for laughs I took a photo of my hands at my desk. I just pulled the pistons/crank out of a engine and sitting to take a break.

Maybe I am just a slob, but some nice oil base paint would be a lot easier to clean up ..... Maybe I should go wash my hands now   :D

1009211219.jpg

blue and yellow has always been a favorite two tone for me....this is a set of 8 foot brakes I built some time back....they fall right into your wheelhouse of colors....Sail Blue and Sunshine Yellow

all my shop fixtures are painted with catalyzed enamel.  The cabinets.....not catalyzed however....

SANY1754.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

A couple ideas for the drawer from things I have done in the past.

1. Quick coat of a stain varnish to seal it up and keep the wood finish since it is still presentable.
  2. Paint it blue or black and use a toolbox drawer insert on the bottom to keep it clean and items from shifting
  3. Leave as is and cut a sheet of thin stainless or aluminum for the drawer bottom.
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what it is about the color combo.  It does speak commercial or industrial .... Will not go out of style.

My old house you can date the paneling to the 70's, the harvest gold linoleum to the 80's the brown carpet to the 90's the dual pane windows to the 2000's.

The blue & yellow you can not tell if it was new equipment last week or if it was made 70 years ago. Never go out of style.

• Like 1

Los came in with a winner....I checked my paint stash....fresh unopened quart of yellow.....done and done...!!

On my alignment lift my ramps are not an easy off and on like my other lift....so I made stow bars that when lift is up I can raise the runway and place this spacer between the ramp and the bottom of the runway itself....they nigh onto parallel now.....they painted bright red....a note will be on the release lever to check position of stowage ramp when lowering.  

now to play musical cars now that the rain has subsided a bit....

IMG_4396.JPG

IMG_4397.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 2