What Am I Looking At Here?

keithb7

I saw this photo on-line. It caught my attention. There is a lot of similarities between this unknown car and my 

‘38 Chrysler.  Does anyone know car this is? Make, year, model?

Big hood. Straight 8 likely?

DFC70A48-0A3E-48EB-88CB-D4DFDF329593.jpeg

0A4DBEDD-52DD-4A9F-8999-411C96F15BF4.jpeg

Edited by keithb7

• keithb7 changed the title to What Am I Looking At Here?

Looks like a 1937 Studebaker Dictator coupe, maybe President coupe. Nice! ?

Edited by T120

I can't figure out what the hubcaps say. Looks like a P ? Oh as I was typing that the president model came to mind. Quick Google looks like that's what the hupcaps say. 

• Like 1

I found this 37 Studebaker President 8 Custom Coupe.  I can't get the second picture loaded that shows it from the rear.  It's definitely not as elegant as the one you posted Keith.  Dog dish hubcaps, but the logo on them is the same.  Different trim along the hood.  The picture that I can't get uploaded shows a better shot of the hubcaps and some other features. No spare tire on the driver side of this one.  It does have a rumble seat though.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/streamlined-find-1937-studebaker-president#&gid=1&pid=2

Okay I got the link uploaded. If you click on the picture you can scroll to picture number two.

image.png

Edited by Worden18

I found a picture of the 1937 Studebaker President hubcap the Studebaker "S" forms part of the letter "P"... a classy car.

674558995_StudebakerPresidentHubcap.jpg.6b8c279f91ed218da68a56952d0d0644.jpg

• Like 1