Anyone know good sources for external engine parts? Pumps, hoses, studs, bolts?

Bryan

I tried the search function but got other mixed subjects. The machine shop will order bearings, etc for my D24 (Plymouth) motor. Was wondering about good sources of water, fuel, oil pumps, studs, bolts, hoses and engine mounts. Worried about getting cheap metal for studs, or Chinese rubber parts. Had a go-kart before where the rubber mounts, battery straps, hoses etc were cracking within a year without a lot of weather exposure.  Same with metals for punches...cheap.

I got my engine mounts from mopar pro (eBay store) = good ;  water pump and thermostat from local Napa (ordered and in store 2 days later) = also good ; hoses are bulk from Napa and Rock auto  

• Like 1

I got my hoses from Rock Auto, I just picked what I guessed would be the best quality, Dayco. Belt from Napa. I shopped around for a Gates water pump, got it from a place called Stockwise Auto. I got two fuel pumps, the one on my car and the one I destroyed (d'oh) from Ebay, and rebuilt them with parts from Then and Now. For bolts, I've been using McMaster and getting grade 8, though I'm not crazy about how the yellow zinc coated stuff looks on the engine. 

Edited by ratbailey
  • Like 1

I was going to post a similar question in (Flathead Truck Forum) and probably still will,

FOUND THIS IN A SEARCH

but my question are are there any "period piece" radiator hoses.

I know I can go to any 'auto parts store' and get a 'cut to fit' hose.

For a restoration, what's out there?

Looking for that 'wrapped tape' (best description) look on hoses.

Thanks

Edited by billrigsby