'47 Plymouth P15 Special Deluxe Fuel Tank ADVISE PLEASE!

47P15Cruiser

Hey guys my build is coming along great finally got the generator fixed and wired up and also the starter rebuilt and installed finally was able to drop fuel tank and remove sending unit and now waiting on a complete fuel tank package to come in but was wondering if any one out there that can give some advise about wiring the fuel sending unit because I'm still running that 6V system and there's two wires that connect to the sending unit, is there a certain way it should go or try to match it up how it was when I removed it? and advise would be highly appreciated.

Connect it one way with the float out of tank, turn the key and see if gauge moves when you move the float (slowly!).

reverse if necessary.

On the sedans it seems both need to be wired to posts and the tank itself is ground; while trucks the wire needs to be grounded.