The Gift

keithb7

Recently a member here reached out asking for my mailing address. 2 weeks later a gift showed up in the mail. 

A generous gift. A 1938 Detroit license plate. A sincere note of gratitude was attached. A 1918 Canadian coin was also included.  Thank you. 

The coin will stay in the car for as long as I own it. A good luck charm. A token reminder of all the great Mopar people I have met here. 

Thank you My friend. We shall meet some day. ‘Till then I’m only a couple keyboard strokes away. 

Here we all help each other out, keeping our Mopars on the road.  Supporting each other. I am proud and happy to be a member of the old Flathead Mopar community. 

This evening I am out driving. Showing off the new license plate. The leaves have already begun changing. Fall has arrived here in Canada. She’s another 1 year closer to 100. A personal goal of mine, to own a 100 year old car! Lol. Someday. 

F078E9B9-B4C3-4793-B956-3564D3E9589F.jpeg

274916D5-2AEA-41AD-8FAB-34C173F06333.jpeg

6A9DEB25-C272-4811-AAB7-4DB9A99DFD76.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 7

I hope you live comfortably to enjoy having that 100 year old car.  I would have to make it to 102 to do that(unless I buy a much older car) and that is not likely.  Of course I could hope for 100 and still own my 1980 Plymouth but then I am a little silly now that I am old so...

11 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I hope you live comfortably to enjoy having that 100 year old car.  I would have to make it to 102 to do that(unless I buy a much older car) and that is not likely.  Of course I could hope for 100 and still own my 1980 Plymouth but then I am a little silly now that I am old so...

This triggered some odd thought processes on my part. . .

My first new car was a 1981 Plymouth which got totaled in an accident in 1992. If I still had it it would turn 40 years old this year. In terms of computerized gadgets (touch screen navigation and controls) and safety (no air bags, etc.) it would not measure up to newer cars. But in terms of having AC, cruise control, being able to move with modern traffic, being comfortable for long distance trips, etc. it would have no trouble competing with new cars.

I bought my 1933 Plymouth in 1973 when it was 40 years old. The difference between a 1933 model and a 1973 model car was night and day while the difference between a 1981 and 2021 seems to be more of refinement.

Hmmmm. Only 12 more years before I have a real antique (over 100 year old) car.

• Like 2

If I make it, I’ll be 67 when my Chrysler reaches 100. Maybe I’ll arrange a local Mopar gathering at that time to celebrate!

If we can still get fuel. Lol. 

Edited by keithb7

Keith, the plate looks great with the green/black on your green car.  Super cool.  Like you, my appreciate for this site and the helpful members I can't thank enough.  This extends to your videos who are both informative and entertaining.  Great post.

• Like 1

I've also pondered the age of our cars vs. the age of me.  Pretty sure I can make the century mark with our Terraplane, only 16 years to go.  The D24 is doable as well.  But, then again, I'm biff and happy that we have operating, presentable, and reliable 84 and 73 year old cars.  Sometimes I gotta remind admirers of the cars' ages when they point out a flaw.