Is Andy Bernbaum auto parts still in business?

MarcDeSoto

I've been trying to reach that company for a couple of weeks now without success.  I need to ask some questions about his body mount rubber.  All I get when I phone is endless DeSoto jingles and a voice saying I'm probably with another customer right now and to wait.  They also don't answer my emails.  Has anyone else had trouble reached them?  

I recently purchased a part from them online. They called me the next day to confirm some info. I missed the call and called them back. They answered pretty quickly and got my part shipped. Its supposed to arrive today. I've had good experiences with Bernbaum, sorry to hear you're having a hard time.

Bought parts last week.  That said, I have had trouble in the past getting in contact with them.  I'd suggest calling them right after they open up for the day.  That's what's worked for me.

I just called now even though they are closed now and a guy answered.  He gave me the dimensions of the body mounts he has.  The  top mounts have a flange that sticks out about an 1/8" or so, I think, and the bottom mounts are flat and just under 2" wide.  Both top and bottom mounts have 1/2" holes, but the lower mount was .6" thick.  My original lower mounts are only about 3/8" thick.  Do you think the thicker mounts would be a problem for my 48 DeSoto?