Has anybody seen these photos before?

chrysler1941

Pretty cool pictures!

Thanks for posting those?

The sheet metal is from a 1941 plymouth and by the looks of the chromed parts etc this would have to be a car show or trade display piece........just the thing to have in my lounge room...........lol.........a pity its not in colour as it would be interesting to see the shades that the factory would have picked..........my guess would be shades of red, green & yellow with maybe a pale blue somewhere.........lol......great pics either way.........andyd 

Edited by Andydodge
more info

Those are some great pics of a 41 Plymouth mock up engine compartment and chassis.  It would be a great teaching prop for mechanics!  I only recognize one of the people in these pics.  In the first pic the older man with glasses second from the right is a Plymouth engineer.  I forget his name, but he is in a 1946 Plymouth brochure with a baseball player where he is showing the ball player all of the new improvements on the 46 Plymouth.  

Nice try at colorization, but it doesn't answer what colors the accessories were.   The wood dash board in the first picture is brownish, but in the second picture it is grayish.  And the reddish accessories are a rather dull purple.   i know, I'm picky, picky. 

2 minutes ago, DonaldSmith said:

Nice try at colorization, but it doesn't answer what colors the accessories were.   The wood dash board in the first picture is brownish, but in the second picture it is grayish.  And the reddish accessories are a rather dull purple.   i know, I'm picky, picky. 

Maybe not as picky as that young lady on the right in the last photo would be to find her hands have taken on the color of her shirt.

• Haha 1

I know the colors are a bit weird. This is what A.I. thinks humans look like, I guess. I used the "My Heritage" website colorization tool, which works better with trees, sky, etc. Flesh tones are usually pretty realistic, however it always seems to think cars are pinkish gray.

Here's an old family photo that turned out pretty good. It is of my grandparents on a historic motorcycle ride from Fresno to San Francisco in 1910. She was the first woman to make the trip. When I was a kid, I remember her telling me that it took them 12 hours and they only went off the road once (into a ditch near Tracy). She said said took her meals standing up for a few days after! I assume the seats weren't what we would call comfortable.

Photo-1501371-1-Colorized.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1