Parts washer

Sniper

Decided to buy me anew parts washer today.  I had an old 20 gallon unit that needed replacing, probably 30 years old.

So I hit up the usual suspects, Harbor Freight, Amazon, Autozone, Tractor Supply, etc looking at 20 gallon units, which are a bit small.

When I was on Amazon I saw some 40 gallon units and I was thinking that would be the perfect size, not so much the perfect price though and the delivery times were well into the future.  On a lark I decided to see what NAPA had, maybe something in stock as no one else in town stocks them.

Apparently NAPA is have a sale on parts washers and I bought one, delivered to my house for less than anywhere else, before tax and shipping.  Anyone wanting a new parts washer might want to take a look at them on the NAPA website.  Link to the the washer I bought.

what cleaner will you use and how much does that stuff run.....many variables in solutions in cost, effectiveness and flammability...what is your minimum content of solution for use...thanks

I have a small one built into my counter top....I use kerosene as my solution.  I rarely will use it but it is effective cleaner and work saver.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I will probably use this from Tractor Supply but I think kerosene is cheaper, have to go by the local bulk fuel station and see what the price is per gallon.  If I were to buy it at Home Depot or Lowe's it'd be more than the stuff from Tractor Supply.  Though it is cheaper at Ace if I want to wait till Friday to get it. 

• Thanks 1

Indeed, a nice parts washer. I’d like one. However space is a real premium in my garage. I can’t make it work unless a car goes. I won’t be doing that any time soon. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 8:57 PM, keithb7 said:

Indeed, a nice parts washer. I’d like one. However space is a real premium in my garage. I can’t make it work unless a car goes. I won’t be doing that any time soon. 

I put mine on furniture dollies so I can move it around as needed. 

I went back to NAPA to see what the price was today.  Ouch.  When I bought it last September it was $319.35 delivered, including tax, dug out the email.

Today it is $420, not including tax or delivery, afraid to see what that would be.  Well, I went and looked, apparently there is an online promo not shown till you put it in the cart,  $363.71 including tax, pick up at store.