Caught on film

oldodge41

More likely digital media. Last Sunday my wife and I were out cruising in the '41. When the local weekly paper came out today, there we are cruising by "The Old Mud Church" a local landmark. I bet my Dad is smiling up in heaven seeing the old car make the paper. Also made me think of Bob Drown who was always in his local paper with the Way back Machine.

IMG_20210917_190532051.jpg

IMG_20210917_190517510.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RobertKB said:

Very nice picture. Very nice car also!! Thanks for posting. 

Bob Drown. I remember him well and enjoyed his posts. I wonder what happened to his ‘40 Plymouth. 

As far as I know he moved with it to his son's and his son still has it. 

• Thanks 1

Cool photo of your car in the newspaper. I'm left yearning for more details of the car. If you have some more photos featuring it's big-butt rear end, by all means please post a couple here!

Yes, Bob Drown of Neversink NY is never forgotten!

He was a very fine friend here to everybody!

Well,

a newspaper mention and pic is always something special! Congatulations!

I have the car since 1995, and 1997 it was in the most important newspaper "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung". We were on an oldtimer meeting on Düsseldorf´s most known Street, Königsallee called "KÖ". Here we are with my late first wife and my younger daughter, than 13 years old.

987793444_PL_FAZKL.jpg.d1f9e63a934a697ae2928c8219708fd5.jpg

2005, I had one in another of the biggest german newspapers "Die Welt" as a lead photo for an article about the real estate prices on the island of Sylt.

pl_WamS_Sylt.JPG.6040d3c14d08d2a211824ca5d8774c6b.JPG

A photo agency had photographed the Plymouth in front of our hotel in Westerland. The same photo appeared again a short time later in an article about Sylt in the in-flight magazine "Lufthansa Magazin".

PL_Lufthansa-6-2006.JPG.4f55b5fbad8efe695e4853cc05ab7a93.JPG

Through his brother (Dodge man) one member of the POC- Forums had found a link to the photo and posted there "That's one of Your members, isn't it?".

Here is one more, 1998 in a boulevard newspaper "Express" , in front of our city hall:

PL_JazzRallye.JPG.3bbe9755e28a3ed27345169d807f923e.JPG

One musician had a broken leg and could not walk with his marching band through town. So I took him plus 2 more back on the folded top and drove them among the walking.

My friend contributed a lot of his fotos to an Model Railroad magzine. A special Edition "Auto Trains" showed my Ply while beeing loaded on the auto rack cars to Innsbruck.

1678709830_PL_EJ-Exkl01-2012S47KL.jpg.9c085066c080a85c4180d957fb2edaac.jpg

You can be very proud of printed pictures of your treasures in newspapers!

Greetings from Düsseldorf!

Go, leaving for 2 weeks on plymouth to Lake Garda / Italy on Tuesday!

Edited by Go Fleiter
  • Thanks 1