Nice day for a drive around town

TodFitch

A nice weather here today and since it is after Labor Day almost all the tourists have left town. That made it a good day to move the dashcam to the old car and take a drive around the town.

https://video.fitchfamily.org/videos/watch/b7185a0a-e150-40e5-97c8-d89e92866036

• Like 6

Loving the HELL out of those exhaust notes!

What are you running?

4 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Loving the HELL out of those exhaust notes!

What are you running?

Original 190 cu.in. L-6 engine with an exhaust system that was billed as the same as the original design but in stainless. Got the exhaust system from Keplich Exhaust back in the late 1980s or early 1990s. Looking at the web, it seems they no longer sell exhaust systems and are selling miscellaneous parts now.

I would prefer a much quieter exhaust but this system just isn’t rusting out so I don’t have a good excuse to replace it. If it weren’t stainless and/or if I still lived in an area that salted the roads I’d probably be rid of it by now.

1 hour ago, TodFitch said:

Original 190 cu.in. L-6 engine with an exhaust system that was billed as the same as the original design but in stainless. Got the exhaust system from Keplich Exhaust back in the late 1980s or early 1990s. Looking at the web, it seems they no longer sell exhaust systems and are selling miscellaneous parts now.

I would prefer a much quieter exhaust but this system just isn’t rusting out so I don’t have a good excuse to replace it. If it weren’t stainless and/or if I still lived in an area that salted the roads I’d probably be rid of it by now.

Well,you know what they say,"Different strokes for different folks!"

I have cast iron headers for the 251 that is going into my 42 Dodge coupe,and another set for the 230 that I have for my 33 Dodge sedan. I have the original engine for the 33,but pretty much everything in it is worn out. Going to keep it so that whoever buys the 33 sedan from my estate can rebuild and install it if they want.

Edited by knuckleharley

It does look like a nice day for a drive, but it looks like California….when is it not a nice day for a drive. Looks still summery there…leaves haven’t started turning yet :)