1947 dodge

Amanda

Hello Amanda,

Sorry I cannot help with your question on original color however your car is an American Made D24 Model based on the information at:

www.ALLPAR.com/old/model-guide/index.html

It does not show that serial number as either a deluxe or custom unit but I know that some of the other more informed members can help you determine model and more. If my memory is correct I think you can also query engine numbers on the same guide to help with production date.

Have fun and enjoy.

Canadian Dodge owner.

Dave

The Custom model had black dash knobs and chrome trim on the  inside of the doors. It also had electric wipers.  TheDeluxe model has beige dash knobs, no chrome on the inside door panels, and vacuum powered wipers.  As for color, you could look for patches of original paint on protected places like the interior kick panels, the firewall, etc. 

Dash knob color is not an accurate measure.  Our D24 is a Custom, it has tan knobs.  Depends on when and where the car was actually made.  I can't quite tell, but it looks like the car in the photo has the stainless steel fender spears on the rear fenders.  That makes it a Custom.  Customs also have stainless molding around the windows.  There's a spotter's guide in the P15-D24 site somewhere.     

Safe bet that the green is your original color.

46 47 48 D-24 the Light Green was :

" Orinoco Green "

It was my original color according to the factory build card.  My Club Coupe has been painted three times since then.

Enjoy it , your found the right place here !

Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum. I had a black 1948 Dodge in high school and it was a great old car. Mine had the electric wipers and I put an outside sun visor on it too. It was the only car I ever had that the ignition switch failed on. I'd be driving along and the engine would cut out momentarily then come back on causing a loud backfire. Those are great cars and dependable - enjoy.

John R