Where are the best body mount rubber and linkage grommets for 48 DeSoto?

MarcDeSoto

I'm thinking what may be obvious, or a Duhh! moment.  The life span of those rubber steering isolators directly depends on how much grease is leaking out of the steering gear box. 

I see the photos of my hack from years ago, and there is grease all over.  To keep the gear from leaking, the current hack is to fill it with corn head oil ?  Nowadays I've got a power steering gearbox, so it better not leak at all. 

Rubber is best for those four insulators.

Less transmission of road shock/ noise and feel.

I'd be pretty surprised if anything made today uses natural rubber.  Silicone rubber, yes, which has it's issues.  You can get poly in many different durometers, (hardness).  It is not an issue. 

https://goturethane.com/polyurethane-silicone-and-rubber-the-pros-and-cons/

• Like 2

That is why I got Steele to make a set pout of their NASCAR blend. The cost to lathe polyurethane to the correct shape was triple what it cost Steele to make me the set. They make the part and have the mold so it was not big deal. I think they even charged me the same price or just a little more for them over the standard ones.

They have held up for 5 years now.

• Like 1