Glass Interchange, 48 to 50

GCastle50

I am looking for the front windshield and vent windows for my '50 Meadowbrook. I know of a '46-48 Dodge sedan in my area that I may be able to pick up as a parts car. Can anyone confirm if the windshield, inner windshield moulding, and vent windows interchange between the two models? I know they are of different generations but the windshields look very similar, although I have my doubts about the vent windows. 

In addition, I assume the front seat brackets would be the same? Mine rusted away and the seat is sitting on 2x4s right now. I also want to pick some engine and linkage parts off the car.

The front windshield is flat glass and I think yours is a two piece winshiled. Any good automotive glass shop can cut  the flat glass for your car and also the vent window and also the four door glass.  Do not even think of using the old galss out of a donor car it is brittle and the seals are usualy bad.  Go for new safety glass from the start.

Not sure about the seat rails.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure the glass won’t work. Not sure about the seat track. Other than some mechanical parts I doubt that much interchanges. The cars were completely restyled for 49. I also recommend getting new safety glass cut. Any glass shop can use the old windows as templates. 

Thanks y'all, I had my doubts but I wanted to verify if it would work or not. I'm going to have to get the front windshield replaced after all. My vent window glass isn't broken, but the frames are. On the driver side front, the post that the window pivots on snapped and in the back, the screw adjuster rusted and broke off. So I need to find new frames and glass for those. (I'm not sure if I can remove the glass from the frame?

If you had the parts manual you'd have the answer, electronic copies are cheap and handy.

I looked at my parts manual. 

The 41-48's Dodge, Desoto and Chrysler cars all use the same part number for the wind shield.

The 49-50 Dodge, Desoto and Chrysler cars all use the same (different from the 41-48's) part number for the windshield. 

In both of the above Plymouth's use a different part number.

As for the vent frame, 1949-52, any Dodge, Desoto or Chrysler.

Edited by Sniper

@Sniper thank you, I've been wanting to get my hands on a parts manual for a while now for this exact reason.

The only problem is in my area, deep south Texas, classic car junkyards are non existent as far as I'm concerned. I've been on the lookout for early mopars while driving through backroads and such but no luck other than that '48 dodge I mentioned. I'll have to find an excuse to make a trip up around Dallas at some point.