Part ID help & Project sharing

Vin's 49 Plymouth

Hello wonderful community, I have been installing the linkage for the manual trans and found some parts that I don't know where they go.

This project was bought 7 years ago and had parts in boxes, and I know it hasn't been driven for over 35 years. It's a P15C that I've replaced and rebuilt everything as well as taken the body off the frame. And also done some mild hotrod modifications. If you would like to see some of the photos they are in my profile albums.

I would also like to leave this topic open until the project is finished and give updates.

Below are the parts in question & the current linkage installed.

Oh and who likes my plate sign???

Thanks everyone!

Vince McLellan

what is it.jpg

what linkage.jpg

linkage x2.jpg

linkage x3.jpg

plate sign.jpg

19 hours ago, joecoozie said:

First part looks like the bracket for the parking brake cable. Not exactly sure where it mounts - somewhere on the transmission I think  

i agree. mounts to the two bottom bolts that hold the side cover on.  second is also part of the parking brake assembly. one end hooks in the a cross member just rear of the transmission and the other end attaches to a spring that is then hooked to the parking brake cable. the spring helps release the parking brake

Edited by LazyK
  • Like 1

Thanks Joe & K, I installed the cable guide today.

I also rolled the old girl outside today for some sun and fuel leak checks. I'm also in the middle of running a throttle cable. Mechanical linkage wouldn't work and running a cable to a pedal mounted on the center access panel has been a challenge.

LazyK I will check the fit on the rod, Thank you.

fuel leak check.jpg

in the sun.jpg