Way off topic,Manufacturing Bicycles in England 1945.

T120

I watched a 15 minute video on You tube this morning. I found it quite interesting,labour intensive manufacturing back in the day. It was titled...

Building a bicycle in 1945 "How a bicycle is made"

Edited by T120
spelling
  • Like 1

• T120 changed the title to Way off topic,Manufacturing Bicycles in England 1945.

After watching that, I am truly blessed to never have worked in a factory.  Can't imagine tightening spokes for eight hours a day or spending the work day feeding a punch press or furnace five or six days in a row.  Wonder how much is automated these days.

The venerable Raleigh/Rudge/Humber DL-1. Still built under license in India as the Eastman and China as the Flying Pigeon. Probably a few other places, too. Another bit of useless information to fill your brains.

At least eight different types of Raleigh's take up space in my garage to keep the DeSoto company. As soon as I finish my lunch, I'm heading out to rebuild another one.

• Like 1