B2C headlight switch knob removal

50B2C

I need to replace the headlight switch a on B2C. I can’t figure out how to remove the switch knob. It doesn’t screw off, there is no slot with a spring to compress to remove the knob and there is no button on the switch body to depress to remove the shaft that the knob mounts to. Any assistance from those that have replaced their switch is appreciated.

70F3744F-685E-4479-ADC3-68AB3024B996.jpeg

C1237C03-6AAA-4A2E-9B3D-0C895840D436.jpeg

and please, don’t get frustrated and use pliers! ? 
What are you gonna replace it with? 
I was able to clean up a couple of mine and put them back in service 

• Like 1

chrysler1941 is showing the switch setup on cars. The truck switches are different. By the pic above it shows that he has the escutcheon loose already (of which there is also a special tool for) but he can't get the knob off. And as already stated, the knob will screw off, but the center of the knob shouldn't turn with the outer part. The center piece is 'keyed' onto the switch shaft so that the writing sill always be correctly orientated. Often times the centers get stuck to the outer shell making removal that much more difficult. 

9 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

chrysler1941 is showing the switch setup on cars. The truck switches are different. By the pic above it shows that he has the escutcheon loose already (of which there is also a special tool for) but he can't get the knob off. And as already stated, the knob will screw off, but the center of the knob shouldn't turn with the outer part. The center piece is 'keyed' onto the switch shaft so that the writing sill always be correctly orientated. Often times the centers get stuck to the outer shell making removal that much more difficult. 

Sorry I missed that part