getting major rain storm from the Hurricane

desoto1939

I live near valley forge Pa about 25 miles west of Philadelphia, PA.

We are now starting to get the very heavy rain storm and winds from Idia Hurricane.

My street is flooded out getting some water in my one basement window but I can control it. water is going to my sump pumps but they are not goinf off becasue not enought water inthe pits.

Just major amount of top water run off and the ground is so soaked it can not handle the huge amounts and volume of water.

Can we send this to California they would love it right now.  Might be an all nighter for me to keep a watch on the house and basement.

Anyone else in the eastern Pa getting any issues. Keep us all posted.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

• Sad 1

Too bad we couldn't dig a tunnel with a drone army. We could sure use the water. ;)

There was once a plan to use dams and canals to bring Alaskan water to the desert, and generate hydropower along the way.

Civil engineers had a 50 year plan, 70 years ago, but we never had a 50 year plan to pay for it. Engineers really don't do finance.

In South Amboy, NJ, MIL's basement flooded.  Not a surprise, but she's 95 and feeble, so we're up here in ME trying to get relatives rallied to help.  Others in the wife's family living in NJ and NYC had/have flooding issues.  The ones in NJ get flooded every two or three years, so it wasn't unexpected.  They're actually kind of cavalier about it.   

Lots of severe flooding in the outside neighborhoods inthe suburbs of Philadelphia that never get flooded.  This was a realy bad situation.  In center City Philadelphia we hav an expressway that is below ground and the entire roadway was flooded out to the top which is approx 14 feet high so sort of a tunel effect but no overhead rceiling. Our major river have crested at 18-20 feet above flood stage.

There ae alot of people that have lost a lot of home and personal items.  Had several tornados touch down and have torn home apart.  so a litlle water coming in my basement window is really nothing compared to what other people are trying to dig out of.

Hope everyone else on the east coast is ok and hope everyone on the West coast is ok with the forest fires.  The world is changing.

I spoke to a friend that lies in central california near san Fran.  He told me that Lake Tahoe is really bad. I bicycled through that area in 1976.

rich Hartung

Having lived through floods hurricanes and the what not....I am not taking away from any of these event except to say that the media now gives quick on the spot coverage whereas in the old days....not much out of town news of this sort made headlines.  I believe we have always lived with these event and well...we will them time and again if not taken out in one of the mishaps.  I made a comment to another person in PM form....where is all the aide and such from other countries, never mind...I keep forgetting the one way streets....some of this is so common that it is just a way of life.  

• Like 1