Huge Mopar auction

The Oil Soup

Here is a nice source of mopar cars, trucks and parts. I have no connection with this site and if this is inappropriate please delete. 
https://www.freedomcarauctions.com/auctions/7908-Great-Texas-MOPAR-Vehicle-Hoard-Auction?page=1&search=&sort=&lotsTotal=301&pageSize=100

Edited by The Oil Soup
Link did not work
  • Like 1

Lot 47 is a 1960 Dodge long fleetside with the big back glass that I saw on several unsuccessful $1000 eBay auctions back in 2010 thereabouts...that truck was located outside of Amarillo at the time and I was surprised to see that Power Dome cab rust in the floorboard...if I went clear up to Stanton to drag it and a few others back to the house, I reckon the next day there'd be relatives lined up to whup the tar outta me :cool:

Do you think If I asked whether they'd post to Oz it wouldn't offend them?.......................lol....................and to think that our wifes,partners, spouses think THEY are hard done by......this guy beats us all hands down..........what a collection............andyd

• 1 month later...

made the trip out to West TX today to see what all the hubbub was about...HOLEY MOLEY ?

I chatted up some of the auction workers as they were STILL tagging stuff, they even started asking me what some of the tools were for and some of the boxed parts as I pointed out they had mixed up flathead 6, slant 6, and V8 stuff, as well as car and truck items and mismatched Miller tool part sets.  They still had stacks of rims to go through that they were tagging for the auction, even witnessed them trying to start up a few buggies that had not run in some time.  Some nice older restorations, some diamonds in the rough, quite a bit of junk tho, some of it could be classified as wildlife habitat :rolleyes: ...I've got some pics that could illustrate this point that I'll try to post tomorrow...

• Like 1

The auction workers mentioned that the car trunks and cabins had been used to store many items, so if the cars weren't sealing up well, then items kinda didn't fare well...also, what was described to me was that they had to sort through piles of stuff that they did not know what was what nor did they have any cataloging information other than it was all Mopar related (sorta)...witnessing them still labeling items in almost a frenzy just hours before the auction deadline was a bit of an eye-opener...did I mention there were big barking dogs afoot?

This DeSoto, which was missing almost everything from the cowl forward and had an illegible data tag, struck me as kinda funny, like its trunk lost its lunch :cool:

sm20211011_151248.jpg.a6c92b8a0da9cbd0da9bf587460fa408.jpg

This Dodge reminded me of the one that a college roommate had, until I took a closer look...his car, which was immaculate and ran smooth as silk, did not have the West Texas cotton thermal engine blanket ?

sm20211011_151515.jpg.6d3ad62230f04b607594ba17a1e62169.jpg

sm20211011_151522.jpg.eabd8335c7aeba52b6c3be9b64246ab3.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't know if I was gonna make the trip as I have not been able to travel over an hour by truck because of nagging back injuries for the last 7+ years.  Over 5 hour drive to get there, I was hustling to see as much as I could and I was still there for nearly 2 hours, had to hit the road to try to get home before it got too dark as Lampasas to San Angelo had deer on the roadway during broad daylight...sure enough, I had quite a few close calls outside of San Saba as deer were grazing the unkempt ditches thereabouts, a couple jumped out in front of the QuadCab inducing some puckering during emergency manuevers.  Was able to make the round trip without any serious incident, but am kinda sore today but functional, something I could not do not that long ago.  I was lucky to make the trip at all as I had to shuffle some stuff around to even get the opportunity to get away from perpetual little projects...even had a few ppl kinda nag me for goofing off on Columbus Day :rolleyes:

I remember making that drive years ago.  I used to lie in San Angelo and worked in Austin.  One day a coworker asked me if there were a lot of deer on the road, I told him "maybe 2 or 3 dozen" and he said "that many?".  So I counted them the next drive home.  I counted 144 live ones.  I usually made that drive at night.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:56 PM, Sniper said:

Well dang, if I had known you'd be there  would have come up too.  Maybe even gotten Los Control along.

Would have been a fun time ... not been paying attention to forums much lately ... trying to clear up some projects and getting ready for new projects.

I hope someday we all get a chance to hang out.

Just now, 49D-24BusCpe said:

WHAT A BAFOON!!!!!

Just WoW!, I got nothing to add to that ...

Monday was spent heading back up to Big Spring to collect a few auction wins...while I waited in line to pick up a few boxes, I enjoyed the nice weather, chowed down on my leftover frozen pizza for lunch, and watched some of the shenanigans taking place as other fellas rolled in to pick up their stuff on the 3rd day of removal.  This Cambridge was hauled out of the field with a telescoping forklift and propped up for these two hillbillies to fiddle with...some time later, I heard an awful racket, and them hillbillies were taking a reciprocating saw to that little buggy, to remove fenders and glass...that was hard to watch :wacko:

sm20211018_114646.jpg.a3a931d8b095064a75a7ac8880462af3.jpg

On 10/14/2021 at 6:02 AM, JBNeal said:

Lol. We all do the occasional dumb ass thing. I'm sure glad that so far mine haven't ended up being so public......

this New Yorker was a sight to be seen loaded...this operation took awhile as apparently the doors were stuck, and somebody had to hop in to jockey that beast while it was shoved onto the trailer...and then he couldn't get out through the door cuz of the trailer fender, so they had to fork the rear of the car higher, and as the guy was exiting, the car lurched forward, causing several ppl between the car and the van, unaware of OSHA regs, to scatter :D 

sm20211018_120543.jpg.5e9bae740fbd6b69f33f5c2d7a16e9e8.jpg