2021 Rømø Motor Festival

chrysler1941

This weekend went to the 5th Rømø Motor Festival here in Denmark. Cool weekender with period correct cars, bikes, music and the famous beach race.

Only MoPar participant was a 32 Plymouth. It had no problem beating many Ford V8s.

There are strict rules for participating in this race. Cars must be Pre-war cars, coupe, roadsters or specials. Appearance, main parts and performance parts must not be newer than 1947. Clothing needs to be period correct.

Not getting into the race itself, shot some photos of MoPars at beach. Participants were from all over Europe except England due to ...................

More info and lots of video on YT.

https://www.romomotorfestival.dk

20210821_090811.jpg

6.jpg

20210820_193414.jpg

• Like 6

love that 51 woodie. lots of patina, like my car. most people say leave it as is. more lean that way as it gets older, and i have noticed more attention to it as time goes by. not many early mopars where i live, but i do know some that just sit in the garage. the shows around here are mostly muscle and fully restored and modified. my original tends to stand out more and more these days. it gets harder to keep it that way as time goes by as systems and parts deteriorate with use. got to drive it though.right now i have some bare wire issues. keep those doggies rollin'.    capt den

well, I was in Holland with some rain...

For next year I have a planning note for end Feb. :

Will check the next Romö Festival early!

Not so difficult to persuade my wife, as her preferred island of Sylt is just

a few ferry miles south (pic from 2017)!

Greetings from Düsseldorf!

Go

Syltfähre KL.jpg

Edited by Go Fleiter
3 errors in 1 word...
  • Like 1

Mo sent this pic to me and I think should be displayed here, it is not Mopar but in the DARE TO BE DIFFERENT category and denotes a well built machine.  It is street legal per tags and lighting.  Not many can boast a Merlin powered beast.   I would have loved to hear this sucker running.  

20210819_195939.jpg

• Like 1