Couple Of Old Mopars Out Tonight

keithb7

My wife and I headed out to a local cruise tonight. It was a nice evening. 

My buddy has this ‘53 Plymouth Cranbrook. We look out for each other. A few pics of us out lately, representing the flathead Mopar era.  

FC738729-D306-4914-B0D5-F16014A6274E.jpeg

B020EA02-B60D-45C6-8A1B-9F1261FEEA0D.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 8

Out tonight for a little cruise with my wife. She’s awesome and supports my knuckle skinning hobby. 

This week I tore into a weeping wheel cylinder. Cleaned it all up. Polished with a little emery cloth. New piston seals at the one wheel, bled the brakes. Still not good enough. Pulled out my brake adjustment tool and tackled it. Minor adjustment on the rears only Major adjustments on the fronts. That brought the pedal back up firm and high. Bleeding alone netted little improvement.  Ya just gotta get these shoes close to the drum and concentric. 

Parts on order for the remaining wheel cylinders. 

I Polished up the cap/rotor while I had the emery cloth out. Dialed back the timing just a hint. I could tell by ear and feel it was just a tad too far advanced.  

Tonight’s test drive she drove like a dream.  Good torque!  Still, I gotta get a 4.11 rear end in there. Prospecting tomorrow for spare parts. We shall see. 

B928D364-831E-40F4-9F15-6DF759DE428F.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2

I rarely take it on hi-way trips. It does have OD if wanted, so that helps at hi-way speeds. I drive upto an 11% grade hill up and down for about 3 miles whenever I take it out. In and out of  3rd & 2nd multiple times climbing hill home. Even 2nd with OD is not good up the hill. I think for my needs, my primary driving conditions 4.11 would be better for me. 

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

I rarely take it on hi-way trips. It does have OD if wanted, so that helps at hi-way speeds. I drive upto an 11% grade hill up and down for about 3 miles whenever I take it out. In and out of  3rd & 2nd multiple times climbing hill home. Even 2nd with OD is not good up the hill. I think for my needs, my primary driving conditions 4.11 would be better for me. 

Ah I was not expecting that to have OD. 4.11 with OD should serve you well. My coupe has 3.73 with an OD and that thing cruises like crazy. I keep thinking I should switch the 3.73 into the truck for it's 3.90

• Like 1