29 desoto parts

Hickory

Where would I find parts for my new car. It's a 29 desoto with a 175 engine. Eggs don't list anything, Andy b don't list anything. And eBay is full of gadgets that don't fit the car. The carb king can make a carb rebuild kit but it's 16 weeks out. The engine runs but smokes under acceleration so I would like to open it up to see what I got but if I can't find gasket kits I don't want to do that. Any other suppliers???. I also checked Landon's that a no go 

I'm going to suggest you join the DeSoto Club.

Being in Australia I'm not sure if Hemmings is still going but that would be my place to look, firstly in the mopar parts section, then mopar cars to see if there are any similar cars for sale & check with their owners to see what they may know, also is there a specific DeSoto club, I'd check them and how similar is the 29 Dodge & Chryslers as I know they both used a 6 cylinder still..I'm assuming its a 6...........good luck in the hunt.......andyd  

I have tried to join the desoto club. I have got to call them there is something wrong with my account I am working on that along with everything else. I'm just trying to get all the info I can from multiple sources. Thank you for any info that is out there.

I'm not sure how similar the desoto and dodge and Chrysler engines were. I know that the Plymouth are 4 bangers in 29. Till I can post on national desoto forum I'm using the helpful people here

26 minutes ago, Hickory said:

I'm not sure how similar the desoto and dodge and Chrysler engines were. I know that the Plymouth are 4 bangers in 29. Till I can post on national desoto forum I'm using the helpful people here

Unless I have miscounted the spark plugs in my 31 coupe,the Plymouths were all still 4 cylinder cars in 1931. Even thought it is a lowly Plymouth,it is still wider and longer than the Model A Fords,and it has hydraulic brakes and pressurized oil. The Plymouths were one hell of a buy back in 1931!

Hickory: The best contact that you have is Les Pesavento of the NDC. He is the currenet President and also the 1929 Model coordinator and also is super knowledgeable about the 1929 Model.  I had already provided you with his contact number and email address.  Yes the car is a six cylinder car with hydraulic brakes. They used the Lockheed braking system.

What problems are you having with you account.  You will get the magazine inthe mail but we do not have accounts it might take sometime becsue there was an issue with our newsletter editor getting the next issue out to the members the software had an issue.

Call me cell 484-431-8157

rich hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

My account issue was having a username ect. It's all taken care of now. I will have to call Les when I have a minute alone. I have e-mailed him without a response so I will have to call him. I also found another source for parts on the aaca forum, his name is Craig and has a business called mobileparts. I'm getting info together. It's all about connections. Ty.

Well rich I found out why some of my emails to Les didn't get replay's. The email in the pm you sent me was wrong.  Opps I guess I should have called earlier but life has been busy. I had a good talk with Les and will keep in touch.