Driver side window

Ash84
Go to solution Solved by allbizz49,

16 hours ago, allbizz49 said:

Go to your local glass shop. They should be able to use yours as a template and cut you a new one. Should replace both, modern safety glass is pretty inexpensive. 

Ok thank you I thought I could do that but figured I ask before I took that route.

15 hours ago, Sniper said:

Ebay, online, plenty of options.  Its flat glass so there are a ton of people out there than can cut them. 

Thanks I will look more on the web it's hard one to find ebay doesn't have any right now but I'm sure they will some Time

cutting using your old pane can often be a poor fit and only as good as the cutter is experienced.....if the shop does not cut by the NAG patterns....I would be concerned with fitting issue.   I would by todays standards also suggest tempered glass over the safety glass for all but the windshield panes.  Online you will find shops in your general area that would be able to cut per your requirements.  Tempered glass will often be cut locally, shipped to be fired and then returned to the shop or yourself direct from the firing facility.  

20 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

cutting using your old pane can often be a poor fit and only as good as the cutter is experienced.....if the shop does not cut by the NAG patterns....I would be concerned with fitting issue.   I would by todays standards also suggest tempered glass over the safety glass for all but the windshield panes.  Online you will find shops in your general area that would be able to cut per your requirements.  Tempered glass will often be cut locally, shipped to be fired and then returned to the shop or yourself direct from the firing facility.  

Roger that, learn something new every day good info thanks 

On 8/15/2021 at 6:04 PM, Ash84 said:

Hello all I have a 1950 Plymouth delux and  I'm in need of a drive window it is cracked and getting worse. Any ideas where I get a replacement? I live Lancaster p.a. willing to drive and pick up.

I purchased a driver's side glass for my P15 from this vendor:

https://www.sandersreproglass.com/

The glass fit perfectly, was shipped securely and I think the price was very reasonable. I got the pencil grind on the edges.