Door window track problem.

oldblue51

The driver side door window channel is missing from my 51 Dodge B3B. The diagram lists it as part 23-09-51. I believe it was spot welded on. Would appreciate any advise on how to fix this problem without having to replace the door.

Just for clarity around my other post. I used the jeeps on the front of my 47. W series may be different than B but they seem to fit fine. I also don't have it on the road yet. 

The welds on the metal down in the door that the fuzzy u channel attaches to broke on mine. I used the old metal by drilling a couple of holes in it, clamping it onto the pedestals on the door, extending the holes through the pedestals and riveting the steel channel back in place. Just be sure that the metal channel + fuzzy channel is a straight continuation of the fuzzy channel at the rear of the window opening. If the metal channel in yours is is missing, you could fabricate one from thick sheet metal. It is U shaped so that the fuzzy channel is a press and glue fit and is long enough to extend a short way below the bottom pedestal.

The channel and pedestals are missing.  I did try fabricating a channel and pedestals using the other door as a guide. Channel turned out ok and I think it might work if I can get the pedestals right, then get the channel fastened to the pedestals and then get it mounted in the correct position in the door. I will keep trying. Thanks for the feedback.

Get your parts make up and drill holes thru and plug weld from the outside.  I have SEVERAL doors I could measure for you that I've cut up for my TODD project with good access to the track.

12 hours ago, oldblue51 said:

Measurements would be a big help. The missing channel is from the driver's side door on my 1951 B3B.

Ok let me poke at it and get back to you, look for a PM.