Carter E7T2 vs E6P5

Mertz

The carb I took off my 40 Plymouth truck is a E6P5 and it will need a complete rebuild. A few years ago I bought a E7T2 at a swap meet thinking I would go with a 2 carb set up. The 6 is the correct date for the truck but I have a newer industrial engine. The 7 works with my air cleaner clamp better than the 6. The 7 is in very good condition and might just need an internal check. Still has the yellow plating.  Is there a big difference between the 2 in terms of cfm?  The 7 bolts to the 40 intake just fine. The biggest difference I see with the two is the base plate using 2 screws on the 6 and 3 on the 7. 

I would take the top off and check the 7 out for cleanliness, float function, accelerator pump action\diaphragm condition, etc, check to see if main jet is the same, maybe swap if there are issues in top end performance.

Install and try her out, pretty sure she will work fine if it looks as good as you say. 20 minute job to find out if it works good.

E7T2  is(was) used from 1940-60 Trucks and Marine. 

E6P5 was used for Chrysler cars 1934-39.

Trucks were expected to carry heavier loads then cars and would require carb dynamics to perform at lower rpm's (ie lower vacuum). If you drive a truck like a car, might never notice the difference.

48D 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Mertz said:

The carb I took off my 40 Plymouth truck is a E6P5 and it will need a complete rebuild. A few years ago I bought a E7T2 at a swap meet thinking I would go with a 2 carb set up. The 6 is the correct date for the truck but I have a newer industrial engine. The 7 works with my air cleaner clamp better than the 6. The 7 is in very good condition and might just need an internal check. Still has the yellow plating.  Is there a big difference between the 2 in terms of cfm?  The 7 bolts to the 40 intake just fine. The biggest difference I see with the two is the base plate using 2 screws on the 6 and 3 on the 7. 

LOL, nope, the 7 won’t work for you Mertz! Needs to find someone with a big truck/s to function properly ..... I know just the guy ?

( of course I’m kidding unless you take me seriously) 

• Haha 1

Looks like it had a kit in it when I bought it. A little WD40 and the accelerator pump worked. E6 on the left and E7 on the right.  Sure is an odd place for the need and seat.  Easy to get to I guess.90D80ADE-800F-4D2A-86B9-ED8C4E5D4FC1.jpeg.0aa5cb80c43bdbcb420778fb4a4d1628.jpeg