C1H8A front driveline install

Super new to this stuff so please bear with me. Getting ready to install front driveline with center bearing. Read the manual and it’s not real helpful. Two questions

1.  Can the hand brake drum be bolted on before install?

2.  Is there some indicator that lines things up at the rear driveline to get it balanced or do you just stick it in there?

thanks Dan

Yes on the drum install before. I had the parking brake drum, lever and linkage installed before I put the transmission in the truck.

drive line= just stick it in there but, make sure all the needle bearings are clean, lubed and present as you go 

when I took my latest one apart, there were a few missing needles and it started to show wear (and slop) 

Also, I loosen the carrier bearing, installed the transmission end of the drive line and then put the carrier back in place.  
Might not be needed but, I made me happy to do it that way ?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Yes on the drum install before. I had the parking brake drum, lever and linkage installed before I put the transmission in the truck.

drive line= just stick it in there but, make sure all the needle bearings are clean, lubed and present as you go 

when I took my latest one apart, there were a few missing needles and it started to show wear (and slop) 

Also, I loosen the carrier bearing, installed the transmission end of the drive line and then put the carrier back in place.  
Might not be needed but, I made me happy to do it that way ?

Brent B3B. Got her in today. A little wrestling especially that nut on the back of the tranny that secures that part offergebed driveline. Whew!  Done!  Thank you buddy. Now on to the exhaust and fire this pig up!!  Thank you again my friend!!!

Glad it worked our for you Dan! ? 

If you can, Post a vid of the start up.... or at least a photo of the truck 

be safe!