1935 Dodge bottom radiator hose

Ters

The lower radiator hose in our DU is a mix of elbows, clamps and cracks. I replaced the Water pump and Distribution Tube (After a thorough flush), would like to replace the bottom hose with a one piece?

Ters.

you willhave to find a good automotive parts house that has lower radiator hoses that are one piece and have the correct opening size and it wil lbe a trail and error setup and you might even have to cut it to fit.  Why not go back to the metal tube and the two pieces of rubber hose much easier to repair.

Rich Hartung

• Like 1

@desoto1939Is correct. My local parts store, Charlie will take me in the back where the hoses are and show which are correct size. Then we look for one that can cut down to fit. The left overs I save and you can cut them down to squares and make nice heavy rubber shims out of for some future use  :)

You also can buy the universal fit ribbed hoses ... they are kinda sorta period correct and possibly could do what you need. I do not know how many turns you need.

Today cars all use pre-formed radiator hoses and a mental thing. What we are use to seeing.

Using the metal tube and 2 hoses is absolutely period correct.  along with the universal hose which is for some reason frowned upon. But ok.

Awhile back I rebuilt my neighbors cooling system on his 1954 ford with a modern fi 302 installed. It had the metal tube and 2 hoses to the radiator.

While in the parts store I found a hose that would work and eliminated the metal tube.

Same time I kept the tube for some future use. I would have no problems using it if needed.

• 3 weeks later...